Lunchtime California Avocado Toast
Avocado Toast isn't just for breakfast! Give this simple lunchtime toast recipe a try!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 2 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- 4 slices thick cut whole grain bread (I prefer a bakery loaf, sliced thick)
- 2 California Avocados peeled and seed removed
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 slices large sandwich pepperoni, cut in halves
- 1/4 cup jarred banana peppers divided into fourths
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, coarsely chopped and divided into fourths
- 1 Tablespoon shredded mozzarella divided until fourths
Place bread in toaster and toast until light brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, slightly mash avocado with a fork. Stir in tomato, Kosher salt and black pepper.
Preheat oven broiler.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Evenly distribute smashed avocado mixture and spread on each slice of toast.
Top each avocado toast with one pepperoni halve, banana peppers, roasted red pepper and mozzarella.
Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!