Superheroes come in many different forms… and they don’t all wear capes! I’m partnering with Hallmark to chat about everyday superheroes.
Superheroes… in Hollywood (or Gotham City) superheroes are typically cape wielding, super power kind of people. They swoop in to save the day, typically in disguise. Most of these Hollywood “superheroes” are just normal, regular, everyday people underneath their superhero facade. Did you know we are all surrounded by superheroes? We are! Just like in comic books, or movies, we have superheroes in our lives as well.
Have you ever sat down and thought about who the superheroes in your life are? Maybe they are…
- The teachers and tutors who take extra time out of their day to make sure your child with a learning disability is challenged as well as given an extra little nudge along the way. They’re supportive, kind, and well, everyday superheroes.
- The friend going through chemo who keeps a positive attitude, no matter how crappy she feels. She is an everyday superhero.
- The stranger at the park who runs after your car with your wallet in hand. It slipped out of your purse and he swooped in and saved the day.
- The military spouse, who holds down life at home while his or her significant other is off being a hero for our country. They are both everyday superheroes.
- The mom, who manages to get all the kids dressed, fed, homework done and plants hugs and kisses on them before sending them off to school on time, every day. She’s an everyday superhero.
- The firefighters and law enforcement professionals, who not only risk their lives everyday, but also become heroes by helping with the less recognized tasks… getting keys out of locked cars, changing tires, getting kittens out of trees (ok maybe not…)…they practice heroism multiple times a day!
- The single parent who still strives to give their kids everything they need to thrive, despite fewer financial resources and time. They do what’s best for their kids because they are an everyday superhero.
- The professional sports player, who uses his recognition and power for good… helping kids in need, bringing awareness to important causes, and raising money for significant events. They are everyday superheroes.
- The friend who knows just when to call or drop by to lend an ear on a really rough day. That friend is an everyday superhero.
- The countless people who perform random acts of kindness and make this world an overall better place to live in… they are everyday superheroes.
Who are some of your everyday superheroes?
See? Superheroes come in all different shapes and sizes. Some are in the spotlight… others just go about doing their thing, day in and day out, not needing notice and recognition. They do what they do because that’s exactly what superheroes do! Who did I miss from the list above? Who are some of the people you call superhero?
Hallmark has a wonderful line of Superhero greeting cards, Superhero Keepsake Ornaments and Marvel Superhero Plush dolls. How about picking out a few of the superheroes in your life and giving them a little token of love from Hallmark’s Superhero Collection. Let them know that even though they may not wear their cape on the outside, you recognize and see that they truly are a superhero!
I am so honored to continue my relationship with Hallmark as a Life is a Special Occasion Blogger Ambassador. All opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting the clients that help make Dine & Dish happen!