A simple Smoked Sausage Chili Recipe made with Bush’s new Black Chili Beans in Mild Chili Sauce. 6 ingredients and 30 minutes is all it takes to get this chili recipe on your table tonight!
Ahhhh October… or also known as my New Year. One thing I love about October is the weather… light, long sleeved shirts are my favorite to snuggle up in and wear all day. Typically, October allows for that. But right now, I am sitting at my desk with fans blowing, windows open and in a tank top and capris not feeling the typical chipper October air. It could be that I’ve recently turned 41 and my “internal body temperature” is, ahem, off some. Damn aging. It could also be that Mother Nature has been in some kind of seasonal funk the past couple of years and is messing with my seasons. How dare she.
I’d better hush up and not talk about Miss Nature or she’ll get back at me this winter, which I do not want.
Either way, I’m longing for chili weather. Even though it feels hotter than October should feel right now, it hasn’t stopped me from taking out my favorite chili beans and summoning fall weather with a chili recipe or two.
I’m especially excited about chili season this year because my friends at Bush’s Beans have come out with 3 new chili bean varieties this season! Black Beans, Kidney Beans and Great Northern Beans now come in a variety that is paired with a mild chili sauce, taking any chili recipe you are going to make up a notch! How great are these new beans? If you are anxious to try them, watch your newspaper this weekend for a $1 off coupon!
The chili recipe I’m sharing today is one of those simple one pot meals that is the kind of meal busy weeknights need. It’s not super spicy, so the kids will eat it (although you can definitely use a hotter sausage if you want that extra spice). It’s simple, delicious and perfect for trying to summon fall here with the flavors and aroma of chili in the air. I hope you enjoy it!
Simple Smoked Sausage Chili Recipe
- 14 ounce package smoked sausage cut into half moon slices
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper any variety
- 1 15.5 ounce can Bush's Chili Beans any variety...I used Black Beans
- 1 14.5 ounce can Diced Tomatoes with Basil Garlic, and Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add smoked sausage slices. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup diced onion and orange bell peppers and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Add diced tomatoes (undrained) and beans (undrained) and chili powder to the pan. Stir ingredients together and let simmer for 15 minutes over low heat.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bush’s Beans, a long term supporter of Dine & Dish. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dine & Dish possible! For more great chili recipes like this one, please visit their website.