Friends… I am finally manning the grill!
If you’ve been following Dine & Dish at all over the past few years, you know that grilling has not been my thing, despite really wanting to learn how. It wasn’t because I lacked eagerness. It was because I just so happened to like being alive and was terrified of figuring out all the tricks to turning on our beloved “ghetto grill”.
Well, just a few weeks ago we received a new Weber grill and it is mine all mine! Since then, I’ve been attempting to teach myself how to grill, and if I can take a moment to humble brag, I’m pretty darn good at it!
How did people learn how to do things before the internet, by the way? Thanks to the instructional grilling videos on the Certified Angus Beef website I have made a few steaks that have rivaled those of my grill master husband. Of course, it probably helps that I’m using the highest quality cuts of Certified Angus Beef Brand with the most beautiful marbling…(Marbling is the little white flecks within the red meat. These melt during cooking, basting beef from the inside out for mouthwatering flavor and juiciness.) With fantastic “how to” grilling instructions at my fingertips and the most perfect cuts of beef, it’s hard to go wrong.
I am so happy that I now know how to turn on the grill without burning down our house… grilling is such a simple way to make a meal on a busy weeknight. As a mom of 4 kids, I need all the simplicity in my life I can get! I feel like this is opening a whole new frontier of ease for our family dinners.
Take this Tuscan Steak Salad recipe I slightly adapted from the Certified Angus Beef Brand recipe database…I love how quick this recipe is to throw together and how it is something just a bit different than the same old same old for dinner. My family loved this recipe and I loved how easy it was!
What are some of your favorite recipes using Certified Angus Beef Brand? Check ou their huge recipe database for recipes and inspiration for what you can cook up! You can bet over the next few months as I continue to learn how to master the grill, I’ll have a pleothra of grilling recipes to share with you! I can’t wait!
Tuscan Steak Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Certified Angus Beef Brand strip steaks cut about 2-inches thick
- 1 1/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 6 large cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons capers drained and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 6 cups arugula or other spicy greens
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Over high heat, reduce balsamic vinegar by about 60 percent. Syrup will thicken as it cools. This step should be done well ahead; reduced balsamic vinegar can be stored at room temperature indefinitely.
- To prepare dressing, add 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic and capers to a small sauté pan. Over medium heat, cook until garlic is lightly browned. Whisk in honey mustard. Then, stir in the rosemary and pepper to taste; keep warm.
- Rub steaks with the remaining olive oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill steak to desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Arrange arugula on a serving platter or plates. Slice the steak across the grain into thin slices and arrange on top of arugula. Pour warm dressing over top, which will begin to wilt the arugula. Drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Certified Angus Beef Brand via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.