When I was hired by Athens Foods to create a savory recipe featuring their Mini Phyllo Shells, I knew I wanted something that would incorporate the flavors of the season. Naturally, I thought pumpkin. There aren’t that many recipes around that are savory and feature pumpkin, but the ones that are out there sure are good! I decided I need to do my part to help people know that pumpkin can really shine in more than sweet desserts this time of year. Pumpkin is a great ingredient in savory food too!
I modeled this recipe off of one of my all time favorite soup recipes. You may remember the Creamy Pumpkin Soup Shooters I created and shared a couple of years ago. They were a hit at our Thanksgiving feast, just like I know these Savory Creamy Pumpkin Cups will be popular at our fall festivities this year. I really appreciate recipes that are a cinch to put together in a time crunch and this recipe is totally that. With the convenience and ease of Athens Foods Mini Phyllo Shells, you can’t go wrong. I hope you enjoy this appetizer as much as we do!
Savory Creamy Pumpkin Cups Appetizer
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbled
- 15 Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- Combine pumpkin puree and sour cream in a medium bowl. Stir until smooth and well combined.
- Add salt, pepper, pumpkin pie spice, Italian seasoning and cheddar cheese. Stir well.
- When ready to serve, spoon pumpkin mixture into baked mini fillo shells. Top with crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a compensated sponsored post on behalf of Athens Foods. All opinions expressed are my own.