If I’m going to be honest, I’ll let you know that I used to hate pasta salad. I like pasta. I like salad. But the two together and cold just never did much for me. Plus, pasta salads always seemed like they were overloaded with dressing… and I’m a dressing gal, I am. But, salads soaked in dressing? Ick.
It was only recently I discovered you can make a really great pasta salad, with flavors you’ll enjoy, without the standard “box mixes”. Now, I truly look forward to events where pasta salad is served.
The recipe I created today was part of a challenge for Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken. Imagine picnicking in the park…what recipe would you take that included Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken?
I immediately knew that I wanted to toss together some of my favorite flavors and create a delicious pasta salad. Honey Mustard Dressing, garden fresh vegetables and Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken with our favorite bow tie pasta. This is a pasta salad worth making room for on your plate. We all know potlucks have some pretty awesome food… and you sometimes have to be very strategic your first go around because you never know what’s going to be gone if you want seconds. This should make sense… save room on your plate for this pasta salad the first time around. It’s worth it. It’s delicious. It’s pasta salad, done my way and I love it! Enjoy!
Honey Mustard Chicken & Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1 box 1 pound Bow Tie Pasta, cooked
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 to mato seeded and chopped
- 1 12.5 oz can Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast drained and finely chopped
- Place cooked pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, prepared mustard, sugar, onion, honey, salt, pepper and oil. Whisk together until creamy and smooth.
- Pour desired amount over pasta. (If you like a lot of dressing, use the whole batch. We used a little over half of the dressing for a not so heavy dressing laden salad.)
- Add chopped pepper, tomato and chicken to the pasta mixture. Toss until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Swanson. All opinions expressed are my own.