Our favorite Snickerdoodle Recipe gets a fall makeover with the addition of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice!
Did you know that Snickerdoodle cookies are my favorite? I doubt you did because in the 8 years I’ve been blogging I don’t think I’ve ever shared that with you! I don’t necessarily have one favorite, “go to” Snickerdoodle Recipe. I have tried and true ones that I return to time and time again, but I also can’t resist trying every new Snickerdoodle Recipe I come across.
That’s why when I saw a Snickerdoodle Recipe on the Crisco website, I knew I had to give it a try. It was new to me, but even with that I knew I wanted to make a few little changes to bring it into the fall season even more. What was born from my desire to change it up a little was the most amazing Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies around! These cookies were light and fluffy and full of just the right amount of pumpkin spice flavor! They’d make a great addition to your holiday cookie tray for sure!
As we head into the busy holiday baking season, don’t forget that The Crisco Pie and Baking Hotline is open extended hours to take your baking questions! Even if you don’t have questions, you can call into the automated line and press option 6 to listen to the recording of my favorite baking tips! That was kind of fun! The phone number to call is 1-877-367-7438.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups sugar divided
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, shortening, pumpkin puree, eggs, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Add gradually to shortening mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.
- Combine remaining 1⁄4 cup sugar and pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in pumpkin spice/sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling racks to cool completely.
Adapted from Crisco.com
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Crisco. I was compensated to participate in their holiday campaign. In addition, this blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.