I mean, I love vanilla, don’t get me wrong, but especially after a long winter I feel like things have been vanilla for far too long. I’m ready to add some spice!
I recently signed up for my first Stitch Fix to hopefully spice up my wardrobe some.
I hired a babysitter so my husband and I could go out, just the two of us, this Friday night. I need to get a babysitter on a regular rotation… we don’t get out nearly enough!
I signed up for an online typography class over at Nicole’s Classes to spice up my skills and learn something new.
I bought one of those BodyMedia Link arm band things (as seen on The Biggest Loser) to give my workouts a bit of a lift! So far, I love it!
I also made Vanilla Vanilla Muffins… just to prove that vanilla isn’t always bad. But, it doesn’t hurt to throw in a little spice every now and then!
Vanilla Vanilla Muffins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and egg. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Finally, add the milk, vanilla bean paste and melted butter. Mix until completely blended and dry ingredients are incorporated with the wet.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin pans, filling 2/3 full.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffin tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.