One thing I love about summer is the opportunity to create fresh and healthy food is as easy as a quick trip to the local farmers’ market. Where we are, peaches are in prime season right now. I couldn’t resist coming back from our recent farmers’ market visit and making a salad with these gorgeous, ripe peaches.
As someone who is attempting to be mindful of what I eat, I will be that person bringing a salad to our summer celebrations. I love a good pasta salad, burger or cake, but I need options when we go out so I can make good choices. This Almond Peach Salad with Peach Vinaigrette is just the delicious kind of food I want to turn to this summer! With the crunch of toasted, slivered almonds from Fisher Nuts, the creaminess of gorgonzola cheese crumbles, and the sweetness of peaches, you will find this salad and peach vinaigrette will be a hit!
Now, here’s the Almond Peach Summer Salad with Peach Vinaigrette recipe! Enjoy and have a happy holiday!
Almond Peach Summer Salad with Peach Vinaigrette
- 6 cups spring mix salad
- 2 fresh peaches cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Fisher nuts almond slices toasted (I preferthis method)
- 8 ounces gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup peach jam
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or citrus vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- Place the salad greens, chopped peaches, gorgonzola cheese crumbles and toasted almond slices into a large salad bowl.
- In the meantime, place peach jam, vinegar, honey and grapeseed oil into the jar of your blender. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the peach vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are my own.