The giveaway is now closed. Congrats to winner, Laurie Williams. Thanks to all who entered!
The events of last week put a bit of a hold on my current favorite cookbook showcase, but I’m back this week with a few more favorites to share! Today, I’m featuring my good friend, Lori’s, new cookbook, The Recipe Girl Cookbook!
I’m sure you are familiar with the Recipe Girl blog… one of the most comprehensive places for recipes on the internet. When I found out Lori was going to be doing a cookbook, I knew this was one book I’d want on my bookshelf! I can let you know, friends, that Lori’s cookbook does not disappoint. With over 190 recipes and tips for successful entertaining, The Recipe Girl cookbook is a great cookbook for beginner and advanced cooks a like!
What do I love about Lori’s cookbook? Well, to start, I really like that her cookbook has a lot of variety to it. From simple appetizers, like Caramelized Onion Dip, to healthy salads, like Triple Berry Salad with Sugared Almonds, to Caramel Apple Pie Crust Cookies, there are recipes for each and every taste and occasion. Oh, and cocktails… I love the cocktail recipes in The Recipe Girl cookbook! That’s why I’ve chosen to share this Orange-Basil Mojito recipe with you… it’s unique and refreshing and you’ll definitely want it to be on your list of cocktails to indulge in this summer.
Recipe Girl Cookbook & KitchenAid Blender Giveaway Details!
To enter the giveaway for the Recipe Girl Cookbook and a 5-Speed KitchenAid Blender that comes in your choice of 12 different colors ($129.99), leave a comment on this post telling me why you want to win the Recipe Girl Cookbook!
For additional entries, share a link with info about this giveaway on any of your social media outlets. Return to this post and leave a comment letting me know where it was shared. Each place you share it will grant you an additional entry. Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc are all great places to spread the giveaway love! You can easily share by using the buttons at the end of this post.
All entries must be received by midnight, CST, Wednesday, May 1st. Winner will be chosen via Random.org and notified via valid email address.
Now, onto the recipe! Enjoy!
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup thick simple syrup see instructions
- 10 large fresh basil leaves stems removed and discarded
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 cup club soda
- Crushed ice
- Orange slices for garnish
- Additional basil leaves for garnish
- In a medium pitcher, combine the orange juice, simple syrup and basil. Use a wooden spoon or a muddler to crush the basil leaves in the bottom of the pitcher. Stir in the rum and club soda. Serve immediately in individual glasses over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices and fresh basil.
- To prepare thick simple syrup, in a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup granulated white sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring the mixture until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from heat and let cool.