Do you want a great Super Bowl recipe? How about serving up some Baked Brie?
What’s that you say? Baked Brie is girly food – not manly enough for a Super Bowl party?
First of all, girls like football too, so you need to have some girl food at your party. Secondly, this is a savory Baked Brie recipe kicked up a notch with some delicious caramelized onions. Men won’t be able to stay away once they see the oooey gooey melted cheese piled with crispy edged, sweet, caramelized onions.
Will you get some flack for serving Brie at a Super Bowl party? Maybe. Let the “too manly for Baked Brie” people have one taste and I promise they’ll change their mind.
Thanks to Dine & Dish Facebook Fans for walking through my adventure into a savory Baked Brie experience! You all are awesome.
Baked Brie with Caramelized Onions
- 1/2 Package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets 1 sheet
- 1 8 oz wheel Brie Cheese I really like Alouette brand
- 1 sweet / yellow onion thinly sliced and caramelized following this method http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_caramelize_onions/
- Preheat oven to 350 °. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie.
- Lay the puff pastry on the cookie sheet. Place half of the Brie, rind-side down, onto the pastry dough.
- Spoon caramelized onions evenly over the top. Place the other half of Brie, rind-side up, over the caramelized onions.
- Fold the puff pastry up and over the Brie, sealing so it is bundled up. Flip entire Brie over so seal is on the bottom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown. Server warm with crackers or baked pita chips.