Avocado Toast doesn’t have to be something to only enjoy at breakfast! Give this Lunchtime Avocado Toast recipe a try. Topped with fresh, California Avocados, tomatoes, pepperoni, banana peppers, roasted red peppers and cheese, it’s sure to be a lunchtime hit!
Avocado Toast has become all the rage lately, hasn’t it? For good reason! A thick slice of hearty bread toasted and topped with California Avocados and a myriad of other favorite toppings is about as good as it gets when it comes to really great food. Plus, Avocado Toast is so easy to customize to anyones liking. It’s no wonder people are turning to it during mealtime.
I’ve been visiting a local coffee shop lately known for serving incredible Avocado Toast. The problem is, I’m always hungry for it at lunch time, but they only serve the toast at breakfast. I think that’s a shame. In my opinion, Avocado Toast should be an anytime of day meal!
What’s a foodie to do with a lunchtime toast craving and no where to curb it? Well, create a lunchtime toast, topped with California Avocados and an abundance of flavorful toppings, of course! Now, I can have this lunchtime favorite whenever I want, even when the coffee shop menu says otherwise. It’s ready in just a matter of minutes too – perfect for lunch!
I’m sharing the recipe with you today so you too can enjoy delicious this delicious lunch at home. California Avocados are now in season (yay!) so pick up some today and give this recipe a try. It’s a quick, simple, flavorful solution for breakfast, lunch or any meal in between. Enjoy!
Lunchtime California Avocado Toast
- 4 slices thick cut whole grain bread (I prefer a bakery loaf, sliced thick)
- 2 California Avocados peeled and seed removed
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 slices large sandwich pepperoni, cut in halves
- 1/4 cup jarred banana peppers divided into fourths
- 1 roasted red pepper from a jar, coarsely chopped and divided into fourths
- 1 Tablespoon shredded mozzarella divided until fourths
- Place bread in toaster and toast until light brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, slightly mash avocado with a fork. Stir in tomato, Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Place toast on a cookie sheet. Evenly distribute smashed avocado mixture and spread on each slice of toast.
- Top each avocado toast with one pepperoni halve, banana peppers, roasted red pepper and mozzarella.
- Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation on behalf of California Avocados. All opinions expressed are my own. For more quick and easy recipes featuring California Avocados, please visit their website recipe page.