Everything is better with bacon, right?
I was recently challenged by Kraft to create a new appetizer using their Fresh Takes Cheddar Jack and Bacon cheese and breadcrumb mix. What could make a Cheddar Jack and Bacon better? More bacon, of course!
My daughter and I got busy in the kitchen, moving and a shaking and getting our juicy pieces of bacon nice and coated in the Fresh Take cheese and breadcrumb mix. I wanted an easy appetizer… but I also wanted one people would love. Bacon covered in a flavorful cheesy mixture was sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Once the bacon was coated, we threw it in the oven for less than 20 minutes and voila… Cheesy Bacon Crispy Bites were born. Dunked into a ranch / bbq sauce combo, they were the perfect little dippers…unlike anything I’ve ever had before and so easy.
Several bloggers have taken the #KraftFreshTake challenge and we’ll have the opportunity for you to do so as well in the coming weeks. Make sure to follow along on Twitter with #KraftFreshTake and stay tuned for some exciting giveaways coming your way!
To make these Cheesy Bacon Bites for yourself, make sure to check out the recipe below and stay tuned for more challenges from Kraft Fresh Take!
Cheesy Bacon Crispie Bites
- 1/2 pound bacon each slice cut into thirds
- 1 package Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack and Bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place bacon pieces in the Kraft Fresh Take Cheddar Jack and Bacon bag, seal and shake.
- Remove bacon from bag and place on a foil lined baking sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top bacon with remaining Fresh Take Cheddar Jack and Bacon mixture.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and bacon is slightly crispy.
- Remove from the baking sheet. Serve plain or with a mixture of 1/2 barbecue sauce and 1/2 Ranch salad dressing.
This is a sponsored partnership on behalf of Kraft Fresh Take. I have been compensated for my time but all opinions expressed are my own.