A healthy egg casserole recipe, packed full of veggies and protein!
Ever since Weight Watchers changed their program to the new Freestyle program, eggs have been eaten like crazy in my house. Since eggs are now Zero SmartPoints on the new Freestyle program, I have been incorporating them more and more into my every day meals. One of my favorite creations since this new program launched is this Healthy Egg Casserole recipe. Packed full of veggies and flavor, I just can’t get enough of it.
The other day I had a group of local bloggers over who all happen to be on Weight Watchers too. I decided to share this healthy egg casserole with them because I knew it’d sustain us for breakfast and be something we could easily eat without going over our SmartPoints. The consensus was this simple casserole is so delicious, it’s hard to believe it’s only 1 smart point per serving.
What I love about this casserole is it is so easy to make and it’s also one of those things you can cook ahead of time and then reheat when you are ready to eat it. It’s a great breakfast (or lunch) to have on hand when you need to grab something quick. For a variation (although it’ll add more smart points to the dish), throw in some grated Colby Jack cheese. This healthy egg casserole recipe is really easy to adapt to the ingredients and flavors you want for breakfast.
If you are looking for a quick to put together breakfast that won’t make you feel at all deprived, definitely add this healthy egg casserole to your morning meal plan. It’s the perfect, low smart point way, to start your day!
Did you know I’m sharing my health and wellness journey on a new Instagram Account? You can follow me by clicking on DineandDishFreestyle.
Healthy Egg Casserole Recipe
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Zatarian's Big and Zesty Seasoning or other creole seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Warm coconut oil over medium heat. Add garlic, peppers, onion and spinach. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are somewhat tender (they will soften up completely while baking).
- Spray a square 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the eggs, milk and seasoning to the casserole dish and whisk until light in color and fluffy. Stir in the sautéed vegetables until distributed evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and slice into 4 squares and serve.
1 Weight Watchers Smart Point per serving