Turn tradition upside down and try grilling BBQ Turkey Legs this Thanksgiving!
I love traditions… especially around the holidays. At Thanksgiving we always have my late-grandma’s banana cream and chocolate cream pie. These buttery dinner rolls have been gracing our Thanksgiving table for years. With every new marriage, child born and merger of families, new traditions are brought in to the fold. The traditions around our holiday table are both rich with family history and valued by everyone.
With that said, there are times when breaking tradition is totally ok. For example, a smaller Thanksgiving gathering might not require a giant turkey to be roasted. Instead, maybe grilling up some BBQ Turkey Legs might be a better option. These Grilled BBQ Turkey Legs made with KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce are just the nudge you need for breaking away from tradition, just a little bit. They are so good, you will never miss your traditional roasted turkey!
KC Masterpiece Barbecue sauce may not be a part of your Thanksgiving traditions yet, but it’s a brand that has certainly been a traditional staple in households for quite some time. Founded in my hometown of Kansas City (YAY) 35 years ago KC Masterpiece is a trusted name for true, authentic, barbecue sauce.
So what do you think? Are these Grilled BBQ Turkey Legs smothered in a hickory smoke and rich brown sugar sauce tempting enough for you to buck tradition this year? Who knows, maybe once you try it, you’ll throw all of your old traditions out the window and start a new, delicious tradition of your own. Enjoy!
Grilled BBQ Turkey Legs Recipe
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 turkey legs 3-4 pounds
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
- Whisk together salt, black pepper, chili powder, garlic salt, cumin and flour in a shallow bowl.
- Lightly dredge each turkey leg through the seasoning mixture. Shake off excess.
- Brush grill grate lightly with oil to prevent turkey from sticking.
- Preheat grill to 300°F.
- Place turkey legs on the grill and sear on each side for approximately 3 minutes.
- Brush each turkey leg with KC Masterpiece Hickory Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce. Close the grill lid and grill for approximately 50 minutes, rotating/turning and re-basting each leg with barbecue sauce every 20 minutes.
- Turkey legs are done cooking when an internal temperature of 180°F is reached.
- Remove turkey legs from the grill, baste one last time with remaining barbecue sauce and serve, hot.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.