Holiday baking done? Check.
Wait, no check? You too? What are we doing, with less than a week until Christmas and the baking frenzy hasn’t even begun? Yeah, I don’t really know either, but I just haven’t felt that Christmas spirit push to spend all day in the kitchen baking up lovely treats for everyone. Hopefully it hits soon. I’ll hope so for you too, ok?
I did bake something so good this week. It’s actually a contender for a spot at Christmas morning brunch…Gingerbread Coffee Cake with Ginger Cream. Doesn’t that sound good? It was a soft coffee cake, with a delicious gingerbread flavor, and an indulgent ginger spiked cream to top it off. I’ll take this for breakfast any day, thank you very much!
Speaking of coffee, are you hoping to find a Keurig Coffee Brewer under your tree this Christmas? If so, you’ll also want one of these handy K-Cup countertop storage drawers. You can keep all of your new K-Cups nice and tidy. And guess what? I’m going to give you the chance to win one! For giveaway details, visit the Rafflecopter widget at the bottom of this post (past the recipe). Also, if you have some shopping on Green Mountain Coffee’s website to do, I have a discount code to share with you! Dine & Dish readers can use the code CELEBRATE8125 for 15% off STOREWIDE at GreenMountainCoffee.com. This code is good from now through December 31st. Happy shopping!
Now, I’ll share that delicious recipe with you, then make sure you head on down to the bottom of the post to enter the giveaway! Thanks and good luck!
Gingerbread Coffee Cake with Ginger Cream
- For the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup real butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 cup Green Mountain Coffee in Gingerbread brewed and cooled to room temperature
For the Ginger Cream:
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Slowly mix in dark corn syrup and cooled / room temperature coffee.
- Once blended, add the bowl of dry ingredients, mixing until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake in a 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes, or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
For the Ginger Cream:
- Mix whipping cream and sugar together on high until very soft peaks begin to form.
- Gently fold in ground ginger.
- Pour cream over sliced Gingerbread Coffee Cake. Garnish with an extra sprinkling of ground ginger.
- Refrigerate cream when not in use.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: A special thanks to Green Mountain Coffee for providing the giveaway item as part of the K-Cup brand ambassador program. All opinions expressed are my own.