This Fiesta Chicken Pasta from Kraft is a great, easy weeknight meal.
For so many people, cooking dinner is just another chore added to their long list of to-do’s during the day. I enjoy cooking dinner. Let me rephrase that… I enjoy cooking dinner if I don’t have three children under my feet bugging me to do things for them while I am trying to navigate the kitchen to cook something all 5 of us will like.
On my best nights, my husband comes home from work and sweeps the kids away for awhile so I can make dinner in peace. Cooking dinner under those circumstances is my “me” time. It’s the time where I can be in my element. Where I can think about my day without the distraction of the children interrupting my thoughts. It’s great, but I know my husband has his limitations. He’s usually been at work for 10 hours and would probably like some “me” time as well. On nights like those, I feel a little oomph of success when I can have my “me” time in the kitchen and it takes roughly 30 minutes from start to finish to create a nice meal.
Last night was one of those nights. I tried a new recipe from one of those free Kraft Food and Family magazines that shows up in our mail on occasion. The recipe was for Fiesta Chicken Pasta. I used all of the light versions of the ingredients and it came out great. The entire family, including the baby, really enjoyed this dish. My 5 year old son had three “loads”, which is his terminology for servings.
If you are a parent that dreads making dinner each night, give this quick, simple and tasty recipe a try. It is a nice change from the normal rotation of spaghetti, tacos or sloppy joes. Sit down to dinner relaxed, with a new found love for quick and easy recipes.
Fiesta Chicken Pasta
- 2 cups rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups chopped red peppers about 2 medium
- 1/4 cup lite Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream
- 1/2 cup lite shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook and stir 6 minute Add peppers, dressing and chili powder; cook 3 minute or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently. Stir in salsa and sour cream.
- Drain pasta. Toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and serve!
If you love this pasta recipe, I bet you’ll love this One Skillet Beefy Tuscan Pasta recipe too!