I always like to think of Easter as our official start of spring, but I also remember that each year, I become the biggest sucker around and buy my girls beautiful Easter dresses. You know the ones… the sleeveless dresses, bathed in beautiful pastel colors, created with light and breezy fabric.
In my typical ways, I buy the dresses, take the tags off, then remember I live in Kansas…the land of weather never being what it is supposed to be on Easter Sunday. I don’t believe my girls have ever experienced searching for Easter eggs without their dresses hidden under heavy coats, mittens and scarves.
Even though our weather in Kansas may not be spring like by Easter, I won’t let that stop me from making spring like dishes for Easter.
These light and flaky Athens Mini Fillo Shells filled with creamy blueberry mousse are the most simple, springlike dessert… easy enough to make, you can get outside to enjoy that frigid Easter egg hunt!
Do you have a favorite recipe using Athens Mini Fillo Shells? If so, be certain to stop by their website to see how you can enter to win more than $10,000 in prizes. Enter your recipe today!
Athens Foods hired me to create a recipe using their Mini Fillo Shells. All opinions expressed are my own.
Blueberry Mousse Filled Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 Pint fresh blueberries washed and patted dry
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 30 2 boxes Athens Mini Fillo Shells, thawed
- Additional blueberries for garnish
- Add blueberries and sugar to a blender and puree.
- Slowly add whipping cream. Continue to blend for approximately 1 minute or until mixture is stiff.
- Spoon or pipe blueberry mousse mixture into Athens Mini Fillo Shells. Top with an additional blueberry.
- Serve immediately once filled.