Confetti Christmas Cookies are a fun and festive cookie for any cookie swap or holiday gift! Red and green sprinkles give these Christmas Cookies a cheery holiday look!
So, I have a little story to tell you. It’s all about the time when I made Christmas cookies and sent them to other bloggers. Sounds fun, right? It was all part of The Great Food Bloggers Cookie Swap of 2012.
When you are baking for other people, other bloggers especially, there is a slight bit of pressure to make sure your reputation for cooking good food stays in tact. You really want everything to turn out perfectly. You do not, let’s say, want to accidentally put banana flavored instant pudding in your cookie dough when it’s supposed to be French vanilla instant pudding. You also do not want to realize you made the mistake until after you’ve put the cookies in the mail, come home and snatched your first bite of said cookies. No, no you don’t.
So, to my friends Maris, Lindsay and Kelly… I must apologize, profusely, for grabbing the wrong box out of my pantry and sending you what were not the best cookies ever. I owe you really good cookies, which these Confetti Christmas Cookies are, when made with the correct type of pudding!
A special thanks to Lindsay (yep…I sent bad cookies to one of the coordinators of the cookie swap!) and Julie for organizing yet another fun and successful Food Bloggers Cookie Swap! Also, a big shout out to Becky for her Peanut Butter Blossom cookies, Gerri for his Cranberry Orange Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks and Christina for the Chai Tea Sugar Cookies. They were gobbled up within mere hours of hitting our doorstep. Thank you for your generosity and for sharing such delicious cookies with my family!
Now, for the Confetti Christmas Cookies recipe, with the correct type of pudding mix listed!
Christmas Confetti Cookies
- 2 sticks butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 4- ounce package French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Red and Green Christmas sprinkles
- Combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla bean paste and mix for 7-8 minutes, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, sift together the flour, French vanilla pudding mix, cream of tarter, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to the wet ingredients, mixing until the dough forms together.
- With the mixer at low speed, add the sprinkles and mix just until incorporated, no longer than 30 seconds.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scoop dough out in rounded tablespoons, approximately one inch apart, on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Allow to firm up on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheet onto a wire cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy!