What happens when you use California Avocados instead of mayo in your favorite Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe? Deliciousness!
Guess what time of year it is, friends? It’s California Avocado season again! I’m so happy to share that I’ve partnered with California Avocados for my 5th year in a row, to bring you tasty recipes featuring this awesome fruit. Avocado lovers rejoice!
To see some of the recipes featuring California Avocados I shared in the past, make sure to click here. For today, though, I have an amazing Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe to share with you, featuring California Avocados instead of mayonnaise. Did you know that California Avocados can provide the same creaminess as mayo in your favorite salad recipes? It can, and the swap is super easy to make!
To make Avocado “Mayo”, you simply put 2 California Avocados in a blender with some lemon juice, olive oil and Kosher Salt and blend until smooth. Give it a try and see how making the Avocado Mayo swap can take your favorite sandwiches and salads up a notch!
In addition to adding such great flavor to chicken salad, California Avocados add such a pretty green hue to your sandwich. The color goes from bland to vibrant with the addition of Avocado Mayo.
I’m excited to share this Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe with you and look forward to another season of really great California Avocado recipes! Enjoy!
California Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 ripe California Avocados peeling and pit removed
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt to taste
- pinch black pepper if desired
- Meat from 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 small cucumber coarsely chopped
- ½ red onion coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 Kaiser Rolls
- In a blender, combine the California Avocado, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the amount of olive oil (1/4 - 1/2 cup) you desire for the desired texture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rotisserie chicken, cucumber, red onion, dried cranberries and blended avocado mixture. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Spoon chicken salad mixture evenly onto 6 Kaiser Rolls and serve.
Disclosure: I’m honored to be a paid ambassador for California Avocados. All opinions are my own.