Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a hearty, filling soup, perfect for warming you up from the inside out.
Wow…what a week, huh? In fact, I bubbled myself up as much as possible, shut down Facebook, and reached out to friends in person to chat. I feel like Facebook and even Twitter to some extent tends to feed that inner anxious girl in me, and I just can’t handle it sometimes. Getting out into the real world and having real life, civil conversations with people who agree and even don’t agree with you can really do wonders. It’s amazing what can happen when we really listen to each other. Give it a try..it’ll make you feel better, I promise!
With that being said, if you, dear reader, need a safe place to turn, please reach out to me. I think the only thing worse than turning to social media during this time is letting your thoughts and feelings stew inside. I’m happy to lend an ear and hopefully give you solace. Consider this my safety pin.
You all know me well enough to know that food and I have a pretty close relationship. I turn to it when I’m sad, happy, celebrating, crying, etc. so as you can imagine, during this emotional week, food and I have been BFF’s. You know how freshmen in college gain the freshman 15? Well, I’m pretty sure I’m on my way to the Election 2016 15. I’ve been eating such junk lately! I finally pulled myself together this weekend and decided to stop treating my body like crap. It was time for some good food and nourishment, not just random crap from whatever drawer or cabinet I pull it from.
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is the perfect blend of comfort and nourishment. It’s hearty, like a soup should be in times like these, and comforting. It warms you up from the inside out and nourishes you with each and every bite. Aside from a little chopping and can opening, putting this Chicken Gnocchi Soup together is fairly simple. Again, simple is necessary as we ease back into reality.
For one more simple step, buy premade Gnocchi. I like Delallo Foods Potato Gnocchi, but you can use any frozen or pre-packaged gnocchi you have available.
OK friends, enough blabbing. Are you ready for the recipe? Dive into a bowl of comfort when you try this Chicken Gnocchi Soup. And remember… I’m here if you need to talk. All the love!
Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped deli ham
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans Bush's White Chili Beans undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package 16 ounces potato gnocchi
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chopped bell peppers, mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add ham, broth, tomatoes,Bush's beans, tomato paste and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain; stir into soup. Serve while hot.