Make my weakness your weakness by making a loaf of this Cheesy Potato Refrigerator Bread recipe. This is one homemade bread recipe you will want to try!
I have quite a few weaknesses… I can’t walk into a bookstore without wanting to buy every single book I pass by. I especially love the staff recommendation shelf and feel like every written recommendation was placed there just for me.
Sharpies are another weakness of mine. I need…not want…need at least 2 of every color sitting in a drawer unused just so I know they are there. Heaven forbid if someone were to actually open up a desk drawer and take one and I be down a Sharpie!
Well, and we all know my weakness for Adam Levine is real. I just can’t help it.
But, the one weakness I have…the one thing I bake in the kitchen that I absolutely cannot resist no matter how hard I try, is fresh, baked bread. I’ve never been one of those people to let the bread basket pass me by at the table. It’s what I crave and want and I’m sure need. I heart fresh baked bread!
The bad thing about knowing how to make bread is that I know how to make bread. Anytime I want a loaf of fresh baked bread, I just go into my kitchen, throw in some quality ingredients, and have a loaf before me in no time.
The good thing about knowing how to make bread is that I know how to make bread! Anytime I want a loaf of fresh baked bread, I just go into my kitchen, throw in some quality ingredients, and I will have a loaf before me in no time.
It’s a blessing and a curse, I tell you!
If you have a weakness for fresh, baked bread I’m here to say you too can have a loaf of bread in your house in no time. There is no need to be scared of baking with yeast! If you are working with quality ingredients, like Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast, and a great bread recipe, you’ll be able to conquer your fear in no time!
This recipe for Cheesy Potato Refrigerator Bread is perfect for a beginner or an experienced baker. This is one loaf of bread that will be gone in a flash…as soon as your family smells the aroma of the fresh baked bread you are making; it’ll be gobbled up.
Give into your weaknesses and give this homemade bread recipe a try! Enjoy!
I adapted from this bread recipe because it can be extremely versatile! I added 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar to the dough before rolling it up and the result was an extra cheesy loaf of fresh baked bread!
Cheesy Potato Bread Recipe
- 5 cups bread flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mashed potatoes*
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl. Heat milk, water and shortening until very warm (120º to130ºF). Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in mashed potato, eggs and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in remaining flour to make a stiff batter. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 24 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each half to 12 x 7-inch rectangle.
- Spread 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese over the surface of the dough, then roll up tightly as for a jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends to seal and bake.
- Place seams side down, in greased 8-1/2x4-1/2 inch loaf pans. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 to 35 minutes or until done. Remove from pans; cool on wire rack.
- Instant mashed potatoes, made according to package directions can be used.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by One2One Network on behalf of ACH Foods. I am an ACH Baking Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dine & Dish possible!