For the past few weeks you’ve watched as I’ve sacrificed my hips to try out different fry recipes. This research was all part of the Alexia “Reinvent a Classic” Fry Challenge. After much thought, calories, and consideration, I finally settled on a fry / spice combination that totally fits where I’m from… the BBQ heartland, Kansas City. I can’t wait to share the recipe for these Kickin’ Barbecue Style French Fries!
The inspiration for these Kickin’ Barbecue Style French Fries comes from our favorite barbecue restaurant, Oklahoma Joe’s. They have the most amazing fries which are tossed with their rib rub. My husband makes some pretty awesome ribs with his own special rub, so I decided to take some elements of his rib rub to create a seasoning mix for some fries.
The end result are some julienne cut fries made with Idaho russet potatoes. A zesty kick, a hint of sweet and full of flavor, these fries are so addicting. I hope you enjoy them!
Keep an eye on Alexia Foods for updates on all the submissions for the Reinvent a Classic Fry Challenge.
Kickin’ Barbecue Style French Fries Recipe
Alexia Fry Challenge - Kickin' Barbecue Style French Fries
- 2 pounds fries Julienne style made from Idaho Russet Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Whisk together all seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place cut potatoes in a large Ziploc bag. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Pour seasoning mixture over top and seal tightly. Shake until seasoning mixture is distributed evenly throughout and fries are covered.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crispy.