Your weeknight dinner just got a lot more tasty with this Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe featuring GALBANI® RICOTTA AND MOZZARELLA CHEESE.
One of my travel bucket list items is to visit Italy. In fact, I’m trying to convince my husband that we need to go sooner rather than later. I dream of the cafes, coffee, pasta, fresh ingredients, loaves of bread and most importantly…the cheese.
Italian food is one of my absolute favorite cuisines and I love incorporating delicious Italian recipes into our busy weeknight meals. No matter what I make for my family, if it’s Italian, it’s a sure-fire guarantee that they’ll eat it! If I can’t visit Italy any time soon, I can do my best to bring a little bit of Italy into my Kansas kitchen.
Cooking with spaghetti squash is something I love to do this time of year when squash is abundant in farmers markets and grocery stores. I love the versatility of cooking with spaghetti squash and especially love how well it goes with authentic Italian recipes. The pairing of spaghetti squash, marinara and cheese is one of the best, in my opinion.
The key to making the best Italian dish is the cheese. Listen, you can’t go with just any cheese if you want to create real, Italian goodness. GALBANI® BRAND OF CHEESE, with it’s rich, Italian history, is Italy’s #1 cheese brand, and the perfect cheese to really bring flavor and authenticity to your Italian recipes.
These Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Boats were inspired by a pantry cleaning. I found a box of broken lasagna noodles, and instead of throwing them away, I decided to make a different version of lasagna. Adding the spaghetti squash gave it some extra nutritional value and also offered up a fun and tasty presentation!
If you want a hearty, cheesy and delicious weeknight meal to feed your family, give this Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe a try. Enjoy!
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Fill pan with hot water to a depth of ½ in. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, scoop out squash, separating strands with a fork; set shells and squash aside.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large skillet to medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes until tender. Add the ground beef and cook until browned and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn heat to medium low and stir in spaghetti sauce, lasagna noodles, spaghetti squash strands and Galbani Ricotta cheese. Continue to stir over medium-low heat until cheese has melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Spoon sauce mixture into each spaghetti squash shell. Top each shell with ¼ cup Galbani Mozzarella cheese. Bake for and additional 10 minutes at 375°F until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Taste of Home. The opinions and text are all mine.