Grown up pizza night is a very good thing, especially with this homemade pizza dough recipe using Fleischmann’s® Yeast and recipe for Sautéed Spinach and Mushroom Pizza!
Almost every Friday night in our household, we have “Friday Night Pizza Night”.
I love pizza! It is one of my all time favorite foods, and I kind of wish every night was pizza night! The only thing that is starting to become a problem at our house is the kids seem to have taken over pizza night. They want their pepperoni or plain cheese pizza and that’s it. I love a good pepperoni pizza, but sometimes I really want a grown-up pizza night! I want adventurous toppings, veggies, and just the right amount of cheese and sauce on a really delicious crust.
Well, this week I decided my husband and I are going to take back pizza night. The kids can have what they want, but since making this homemade pizza dough recipe from Fleischmann’s® Yeast is so easy and requires very little effort, we are going to make whatever kind of pizza we really want too!
You can find the recipe for my Homemade Spinach and Mushroom pizza below but, before I get to that, can I talk about this pizza dough recipe for a second? Fleischmann’s Basic Regular Pizza Crust is a dream to work with! It’s super quick to make, which is important because no one wants to slave over a ball of dough waiting for it to rise on a Friday night.
From start to finish, this pizza dough recipe is ready for the oven in 30 minutes. You can make the dough for your crust ahead of time, too. Pizza dough can be refrigerated up to 24 hours. Just place the kneaded dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Remove the dough from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before shaping the crust.
This is my new “go to” pizza night pizza dough recipe and if you are looking for a new “go to” recipe, I think you’ll love it too!
I hope you’ll give it a try and share what you thought of the recipe with me! Enjoy!
- 1 prepared batch of Basic Regular Pizza Crust dough using Fleischmann's® RapidRise™ Yeast
- OR Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust™ Yeast, patted out to a 12-inch circle placed on a greased
- pizza pan or baking sheet
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ to ½ cup prepared pizza sauce
- 8-10 slices fresh mozzarella
- dash of cracked black pepper
- dash of Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Add olive oil to a medium skillet and heat to medium low. Once warmed, add the baby bella mushrooms and spinach and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach starts to wilt and mushrooms soften. Remove from heat.
- Spread pizza sauce over prepared dough. Top with mushroom / spinach mixture and then the fresh mozzarella cheese slices.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the topped pizza.
- Place in the oven on the lowest rack and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven when cheese is bubbly and crust is a golden brown.
- Slice and enjoy!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by One2One Network on behalf of ACH Foods. I am an ACH Baking Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Dine & Dish possible!