I’m honored to be a part of the 2013 Kraft Tastemaker Community, where I am teaming up with Kraft Foods to bring you family friendly recipes using common ingredients found in your pantry!
With all four of my kids home during the day once summer starts, I try to create fun activities and treats that will make our summer memorable. One creation we absolutely love to make is fondue… there’s nothing like having a bunch of friends over, providing a selection of things to dip, and some fun flavored fondue to make some great memories.
Our favorite fondue is chocolate… naturally. Who doesn’t love a creamy, warm, chocolate dipping sauce for things like pound cake, strawberries, marshmallows, graham crackers and more? I like even more that I don’t have to have an extra gadget around my house just to make fondue. That’s right! You can make chocolate fondue without even owning a fondue pot!
Our favorite summertime treats are S’Mores, especially when we can have them around the fire-pit in our driveway. However, sometimes during the day it isn’t feasible to break out the fire-pit and light up a fire, so we do the next best thing and make a S’Mores fondue!
Creamy milk chocolate fondue, HoneyMaid Lil’ Squares Graham Crackers and Jet-Puffed mini marshmallows… these three things make a great tasting s’mores fondue which is definitely a recipe for summertime dessert fun! Enjoy!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 7 full-size milk chocolate candy bars, chopped
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 13 ounce box HoneyMaid Lil' Squares
- 1 10 ounce bag Kraft Jet-Puffed Mini Marshmallows
- Add heavy whipping cream to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through but not boiling. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in chocolate bars, Kosher salt, butter and vanilla. Continue stirring until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour into a shallow bowl for dipping.
- To assemble, place 1-2 mini marshmallows on a toothpick. Dip in chocolate fondue, then place on a lil' square graham cracker (pressing firmly will poke the toothpick through the graham cracker, so it becomes a one bite treat.).
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by KraftFoods. I am honored to be a compensated contributor to their Kraft Tastemaker community. All opinions expressed are my own.