I didn’t end up creating a menu plan last week because we were out of town over the weekend and I just didn’t get it done. I can tell you that our wallets and waistlines both saw just what failing to plan does… I spent more money eating out and I’m sure that equaled more calories and junk being put in our bodies. I am convinced that planning our menu weekly is definitley the way to stay on track!
Here’s our menu plan for this week, and below that a recipe for Mesquite Taco Soup that I threw together today. It was so good!
I hope you’ll share what’s on your menu as well!
- Sunday: Mesquite Taco Soup (recipe below}
- Monday: Nick’s Best Barbeque Burgers
- Tuesday: Tilapia Fish Tacos (recipe coming soon – I can’t get enough of these!)
- Wednesday: Crockpot Chicken Fajitas from Eat at Home Cooks
- Thursday: Chicken Caesar Salad from The Smitten Kitchen
- Friday: Lemon Pepper Shrimp Over Pasta
- Saturday: Chinese Broccoli Beef from Steamy Kitchen
And now for the Mesquite Taco Soup recipe using Bush’s Sweet Mesquite Grillin’ Beans…
- Cook Orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add ground beef and diced onion to a large stock pot. Cook over medium heat until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- While stirring, add chicken broth, beans, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes. Simmer on low until heated through, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in cooked Orzo pasta.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowls. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.