I have been delinquent. I have been tagged by four people for 3 different meme’s! In the next few posts, you all are going to get more information about me than you ever wanted to know. Here is meme one and two.
I was tagged by my friend Kate from one of my favorite blogs, Kate in the Kitchen, for a fun meme.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
1997 was a good year. I was really enjoying being a single, independent gal living in the city. I lived in a house with my then roommate Peg and met my husband through her. I was also working for a company called Cerner Corporation as an Organizational Development Specialist.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
In the summer of 2006 I was a sleep deprived new mom, loving every minute of life with an infant again.
Five snacks you enjoy (I’m not a big snacker, so this one is kind of hard):
1. Dove Milk Chocolate
5. Diet Coke
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to :
1. Jesse’s Girl by Rick Springfield
2. American Pie
3. Jack and Diane by John Mellencamp
4. Brick House
5. Bop With You Baby by Dan Seal
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- Make sure everyone in my family has enough for what they need
- Buy a house by the ocean
- Stock enough away so my kids can live comfortably
- Start my dream business
- Pay off bills
Five bad habits:
1. Procrastination on things like emptying the dishwasher, cleaning toilets, etc, 2 Brushing my teeth with the water running, 3 Cracking my knuckles, 4 Nibbling while cooking, 5 Trying to do it all while really not accomplishing anything
Five things you like doing:
Five things you would never wear again:
1. Blue eyeliner
2. A Bikini
3. Banana Clip
4. A cheerleader sweater – thanks for this one Kate!
5. Platform shoes (just can’t physically do it anymore!)
Five favorite toys:
1. Anything in my kitchen drawers and cabinets
2. My ipod
3. My Nikon D80 Digital Camera
4. My laptop
5. My Letratag Plus Label maker
OK – here is the next one. I was tagged by both Margaret of Kitchen Delights and Deborah of Taste and Tell for this one. The goal is to share with you all 8 things you don’t know about me.
1) I am the youngest of 5 kids. I have a nephew who is 2 years younger than me and I was embarrassed by that growing up. When we would be together, I would make him tell people I was his cousin, not his Aunt because if they knew the truth I thought they would think we were weird!
2) I flunked macro Economics in college. Yes…flunked with a capital F. I was a great student and got good grades, but for some reason Macro Economics and I just didn’t click. Luckily I took it again and passed.
3) If I could afford it (financially and sanity wise) I would have another baby. I know I can’t afford it (financially and sanity wise) so I think Ella is our last one.
4) I have what I think would be a really good business idea involving kids and cooking, but have no idea how to implement it.
5) I once had a 1 hour phone conversation with a telemarketer. Obviously this was when I had a lot more time on my hands. I have no idea how we started talking, but we did and ended up talking for a good hour.
6) I was diagnosed last year with Rhumatoid Arthritis. So far, it has only effected me slightly so I haven’t started any medication for it. Hopefully it stays that way!
7) One of my favorite things to eat is strawberries piled with sugar and whipping cream poured over the top. I rarely have it… like once a year, but when I do I’m in heaven!
8) I often have what is called night terrors…where in my sleep I see things and think they are real. (Like snakes coming out of the ceiling, people standing in our room, etc). If my husband tries to calm me down when I am screaming by holding onto me or grabbing me, I think he is the "bad guy" and will starting hitting him. We now have this little situation worked out. He knows just to let me work through it or risk his life! The strange thing is I don’t remember any of it when I wake up.