Apparently, when I made out my menu plan for the first part of January, the Jan/Feb issue of Simple and Delicious magazine was in front of me. I think it actually arrived in the mail the day I was doing my menu plan because over half of the meals for the first half of the month came from that particular issue. I normally have good luck with the recipes from Simple and Delicious, but the Jan/Feb issue has been a gold mine for me. I have discovered several new family friendly recipes that are going to go into my menu rotation. As my husbands rating system goes, “This is a keeper… I would eat this again.”
Last nights dinner was no exception. The picture I took does not do this recipe justice at all but hopefully you’ll take my word for it and give it a try. In my typical style, I made a few adjustments to the recipe, which is why this kind of recipe works for me. It is a versatile, no fuss dish that will be gobbled up by everyone who gets the pleasure of eating it. As an added plus, this is a chicken recipe that freezes well. If you do OAMC (Once a Month Cooking), make a few of these chicken breasts up to stock your freezer and pull out to serve on a busy night.
The source is from the Jan/Feb issue of Simple and Delicious magazine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Flatten chicken to ¼-in. thickness; sprinkle with lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, saute
- chicken in 1 tablespoon each oil and butter for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices
- run clear. Remove and keep warm. Add lemon juice and mustard to the skillet; whisk
- until smooth. Whisk in broth, herbs, garlic, salt, and remaining oil and butter; simmer for
- minute. Spoon over chicken.