I posted this info over in my Family Blog, but thought that some of it applied to the culinary side of my life, so thought I’d post it here too. For those of you that read both, sorry for the repetition!
All of the talk this time of year seems to be about New Year’s Resolutions. I keep meaning to sit down and write some out, but I really feel like I need some quiet time to reflect on what I want to come out of this upcoming year. I haven’t had the quiet time, so I thought I’d at least write down what is top of mind for me right now with the caveat that I can change these or add to them later. These are all in addition to the things I’ve been working on over at 43 Things.
Here is my list of my top 10 things I’d like to accomplish:
1) Menu Plan – make a menu plan each pay period and stick with it
2) Budget – Continue using Mvelopes.com and adhere to the budget we’ve created
3) Host a dinner party each month
4) Blog regularly
5) Tackle the Food and Wine 100 Tastes to Try in 2007 challenge
6) Complete the 2007 To Be Read Challenge
7) Take a digital SLR photography class
8) Take one long family vacation to visit Mike and Ginger/ Mike and Melissa in Chicago, go on to Bryon and Stacy in Ohio, then up to Molly in PA
9) Create a Daily Plan / To Do List for each day and do my best to complete what’s on it
10) Start “Flying” again by following the Fly Lady Plan
BONUS – Have regular date nights with my husband, at least on an every other month basis. This may be hard to do with his travel schedule, but I think it needs to be a priority!
I know there are a million other things I should probably add and I may do that down the road, but for the most part I think this list covers most of the main things that I wish to accomplish.
Happy New Year everyone! Here’s looking forward to the future and hoping it is one of the best years yet.
One month ago today I dished about Going Commando
Over at our family blog, I dished about Growing Up