Inspired by some simple ingredients in my pantry, I threw together this One Skillet Beefy Tuscan Pasta recipe and my family loved it!
Grocery shopping has to be one of my least favorite tasks. I’m not really sure why…it’s not like it’s all that difficult or overwhelming. I think I just know every time I step into the grocery store I’m going to spend a lot of money. Even if I go in for just one or two things, I leave with a cartful of food and $100 less in my bank account.
Lately, I’ve tried to avoid the grocery store as much as possible, which has resulted in a lot of “clean out the pantry and fridge” meals. Sometimes these meals are hits, sometimes they are complete misses. Lunch today, however, was a total hit I had to share with you! This One Skillet Beefy Tuscan Pasta was completely inspired by ingredients I had in my fridge and pantry and will now be a regular in our meal rotation. We all loved it!
This isn’t a sponsored post by any means, but I have to introduce you to the three products that inspired today’s recipe.
Tuscan Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Extra Virgin Oils and Vinegars in Lawrence, Kansas. I stopped in this awesome store the other day while in Lawrence for a doctors appointment and came out with 2 bottles of flavored balsamic vinegar and 2 bottles of infused olive oils. The Tuscan Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil was such a great addition to this one skillet meal.
Cervasi is one of my favorite pasta companies. If you are local and have given their products a try, then you know the Cervasi difference…and if you haven’t tried their pasta, get on that! (In the recipe I used the Penne Rigate which is different than the Penne Zite pictured above).
The Cabot Tuscan Cheddar Cheese was the absolute best addition to this dish. If you are looking for a cheese with herbs and spices that will take your next recipe up a notch, definitely try the Cabot Tuscan Cheddar Cheese.
Here’s to easy meals that don’t require a trip to the store. Make sure to give this One Skillet Beefy Tuscan Pasta recipe a try. If you don’t have the exact cheese or pasta on hand, switch it up a little and make your own creation. It’s a simple and versatile recipe up for your own magic touches!
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Tuscan infused preferred)
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 16 oz penne pasta, uncooked
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 5 ounces Cabot Tuscan Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes. Add ground beef and break up into small pieces. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 7 minutes. Sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Stir in Rotel, tomato sauce, water and uncooked penne pasta. Increase heat to medium high, cover, skillet and cook for 8 -10 minutes until pasta is at desired doneness, stirring frequently.
- Turn off skillet, remove lid, and stir in shredded cheese. Serve and enjoy!