Grilled Pineapple Shrimp gets a spicy kick from the new KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs.
I’ve had a bit of an awakening lately when it comes to food and that is, the simpler the recipe, the better. Gone are the days where I have time to follow a recipe with 20 ingredients and an hour + to prepare. Instead, I’ve been craving the simplicity of easy recipes with few steps and ingredients. Nutritious, delicious and simple…that’s what fits our full lives these days.
I love it when I find a product that makes these simple recipes even more so. KC Masterpiece®, my Kansas City hometown favorite barbecue sauce, has a new line of products that I am so thrilled about. You may have recently seen the new KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs on the shelves at your local Wal-Mart. You simply add the liquid of your choice (water, beer, liquor, juice, coffee, etc) to the packed spices and seasonings, and whisk that together to make a sauce or marinade. You can also omit using the liquid all together and use the mix as a dry rub. Talk about easy!
KC Masterpiece’s® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs are available at Wal-Mart and come in three delicious flavors: Original, Sweet Honey, and Spicy Habanero. When you think about all of the liquids you can mix with these three varieties , the possibilities for mealtimes made simple are endless.
I decided to harness inspiration from the warm weather we’ve been having and make a recipe ideal for family mealtime or summertime entertaining – Spicy Habanero Grilled Pineapple Shrimp. The longest part of this recipe is allowing the shrimp to marinate for 30 minutes. Other than that step, this protein packed meal comes together in a matter of a few minutes!
You can find the Spicy Habanero Grilled Pineapple Shrimp recipe below. Take a look and let me know how you think you’d switch things up if you had some of the KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs in your kitchen. I’d love to hear how you are inspired by this new product.
For additional recipes featuring KC Masterpiece®, make sure to visit the KC Masterpiece® Pinterest Board. Enjoy!
- 1 envelope KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs in Spicy Habanero
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup citrus flavored vodka
- 1 pound large peeled shrimp, tails removed
- 1 medium fresh pineapple, cored and peeled and cut into large cubes
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rubs in Spicy Habanero, pineapple juice and vodka. Add shrimp. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
- Once marinated, skewer the pineapple chunks with the shrimp. Place on the grill and cook for approximately 6 minutes, flipping skewers over at the 3 minute mark so both sides get cooked equally.
- Serve with KC Masterpiece® Spicy Habanero sauce or over a salad or rice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.