We’re 5 days into summer break and I’ve already had at least one of those “can we just bottle this day up and pull it out whenever we want another day of perfection?”. This week has been pretty great, but this one particular day made me so happy. Some of the highlights were…
– I woke up early and went on a walk with a good friend.
– I sat on my front porch, drank my coffee, and listened to the birds sing.
– I put makeup on AND did my hair.
– I made the kids a great breakfast.
– My friend Brenda stopped by and surprised me with another cup of coffee and a good chat.
– My girls and I got pedicures and we got happy, summer colors on our toes.
– I talked to my mom on the phone and had a nice text exchange with my brother.
– I had lunch with a dear friend and we got to catch up on life.
– My 12 year old and her BFF put on a “summer camp” for 14 kids. This was the first year they invited kids from outside our neighborhood and it was a blast. This particular day one of the best activities was the shaving cream water slide. PURE Joy on those kids faces!
– I sent out some snail mail to some out of town friends I’ve been thinking about lately.
– I logged into my podcast inquiry account and was happily overwhelmed with the response of people wanting to be on the podcast.
– Dinner was takeout – I didn’t have to cook.
– I watched my sons baseball game, sitting in the perfect 70 degree weather.
– I read several chapters of a new book in my comfy bed, with my cat, dog and husband by my side.
Basically, I went to bed that night feeling so happy and blissful. I even said “I wish I could just bottle today up” as I turned out the lights. It was a beautiful day.
What I find the most interesting about this day is nothing super extravagant or extraordinary happened. It was a fairly simple day and definitely the activities I could replicate more often in my life, especially knowing how happy it made me.
I’ve always believed that happiness is not something that just happens, we have to MAKE it happen, and one way to do that is by implementing little things in each and every day that make us happy. I’m going to make sure from here on out my day of pure bliss is more than a once in awhile occurrence!
I’d love to know, what are some of the things that happen that make a day a “bottle it up” day for you? Write me back and let me know! I’d love to hear from you.
Now, let’s move on to things that made me happy this week!
This was one of the most moving commencement speeches I’ve ever heard. I’m saving it for each of my kids to watch someday as well. A must watch.
You guys… I had no idea this had a name, but I totally have it. Just ask my husband to tell you how many times I tell to turn off the amplifier in his mouth.
I’m love love love lists, so I’m totally stealing this idea!
Making friends as adults was a hot topic on my Snapchat Coffee Talk this week (I’m dineanddish there). This article sums up so many thoughts perfectly, don’t you think?
This college student is changing lives and setting such a good example – I hope my kids are this kind when they grow up!
I bought this device that has completely transformed our online life as a family. VERY cool tool!
I’m carving out some time to binge watch this show this weekend. I’m so glad it’s back (although the reviews of season two haven’t been so kind).
OK friends, that’s it for this week! We’re having a birthday party for my youngest two daughters tonight, have two days of cookouts with friends, and plan on heading toCelebration at the Station Sunday night (one of my favorite events each year.) How are you celebrating this weekend?
Make sure to write back and let me know what’s making you happy lately.