A simple Roasted Vegetables Recipe, a family favorite almost too simple to share.
Sometimes I forget why I started this blog. I get caught up in the business of it… the money making, social media-ing, sponsor touting, craft honing, etc. I forget that the reason I started Dine & Dish almost 10 years ago was to have a space on the web to leave legacy behind for my kids. I wanted to create a place where they could always turn to to get a taste of home, no matter how far away they were. My focus was not to see what special words I could use to get to the top of a google search, or picture I could create to get the most likes and shares on Facebook, but instead my focus was to an audience of 4…the kids I’m raising today.
So, when I share recipes like this roasted vegetables recipe, I feel a little silly. I mean, I understand roasted vegetables are not a difficult thing to make and many people know how to make them. However, my 4 kids don’t yet, and someday in the future they may want to know how their mom made the roasted vegetables we have so often for dinner, so I’m going to share it here.
My favorite vegetables to roast together for a quick and healthy side are sweet potatoes, cauliflower and zucchini, however, just about any vegetable can be swapped out. The only vegetable I don’t really love roasted is broccoli – I prefer it steamed – but other than that, there are so many great vegetables out there that taste great roasted!
The roasted vegetable recipe I’m sharing below is mostly a guideline…adjust the measurements as you wish and swap in and out your favorite veggies to switch things up a bit. And kids, when you are all grown up and looking for recipes over here, remember this is one of the easiest ways I ever found to get you to eat your veggies. Enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 zucchini, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted (Olive Oil can be substituted)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning Blend (We love Big & Zesty Garlic and Herb Creole Seasoning)
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ingredients in a large ziplock bag or large sealed container. Shake until vegetables and spice blend are well mixed.
- Pour vegetables onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
PS…if you love Roasted Vegetables you must give this Roasted Veggie Pizza a try! AMAZING!