Chicken and Mushrooms Farro Bowls made with College Inn Chicken Broth are nutritious and delicious!
“Bowl” recipes seem to be all the rage these days. Have you noticed? From smoothie bowls, to broth bowls these delicious creations seem to be popping up everywhere and there’s a great reason for it.
These bowl recipes are an easy way to pack a lot of nutrition into one meal, simple to serve because it all goes into one bowl per individual, and delicious! Plus, when you make a recipe like this Chicken and Mushrooms Farro Bowl, it’s like making a bowl of comfort for your family. During these cold, dreary, winter months, comfort food is where it’s at!
This particular bowl recipe is one of those meals I feel great about serving my family. First off, using College Inn Chicken Broth means that I’m using high quality ingredients that brings out that homestyle flavor that makes this recipe shine. Combine the chicken broth with hearty farro, tender chicken, fresh mushrooms and kale, and you have a powerhouse of a recipe, your family won’t be able to wait to dig their forks into!
This recipe may seem like it has a lot of steps, but it’s actually really simple to put together, I promise. Basically, everything happens simultaneously, then it all comes together in the end to form one comforting bowl of goodness for you and your family to enjoy! It’s a perfect weeknight meal. I can’t wait to hear what you think.
- 2 cups Farro, rinsed
- 7 cups College Inn Chicken Broth, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 scallions or green onions, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups Kale, chopped
- Cook Farro in 2 cups College Inn Chicken Broth according to package directions (replacing water with chicken broth). Liquid should be mostly absorbed at the end of the cooking process.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken thighs on cookie sheet and sprinkle lightly with Kosher salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Once the chicken is cooked, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in the skillet, then add the mushrooms, scallions/green onions and garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add the remaining 1 cup of chicken broth to the pan, then add the cooked chicken pieces and Kale. Cook until Kale has cooked down and shrunk to half its original size.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- For the bowls, spoon cooked farro into each individual serving bowl, then top with chicken and mushrooms mixture. Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of College Inn Broth . The opinions and text are all mine.