Chicken Chili gets a boost of Asian flair thanks to Bush’s Beans limited edition Asian BBQ Beans!
I love Asian food. I especially love it when there is a fusion between Asian and American foods. For example, take this Asian BBQ Chicken Chili. I don’t believe I’ve ever eaten chili with Asian inspired flavors, but it works so well, It’s almost like they were meant to be paired together!
Bush’s Beans has a new variety of red beans in sauce you’ve got to try. These Asian BBQ Beans are just in stores for a limited time…although I’m secretly hoping that they are loved and adored by so many that Bush’s Beans decides to keep them around forever and ever. Head to your grocery store and buy them all out today! That way, they’ll get the memo that we want them around for good.
There are so many ways you can add Asian BBQ beans to your recipes or they are the perfect, protein packed, side dish too! For inspiration, give my Asian BBQ Chicken Chili recipe a try, then see what else you can dream up using these tasty beans.
This chicken chili recipe contains quite a bit of subtle heat… it has a real good kick to it…but that’s what’s great about it. If you want to wimp out and lessen the heat, just lower the amount of chili garlic sauce or eliminate it all together. The Asian BBQ Beans have enough spice in them to bring the Asian flavor to life, but the chili garlic sauce just gives it that extra bit of punch for a spicy chili experience.
I hope you enjoy the fusion of Chili and Asian flavors with this Asian BBQ Chicken Chili! Thanks for giving it a try! (And if you love it, don’t forget to let the folks at Bush’s Beans know!).
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder (recipe or store bought)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 22 ounce can Bush's Asian BBQ Beans
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- Fried Won Ton Strips, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with 5 Spice Powder.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a a medium skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, carefully add diced chicken and cook for 5 minutes, until cooked all the way through. Remove from heat.
- In a large stock pot, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and red bell pepper and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the Bush's Asian BBQ Beans, tomato sauce, chili garlic sauce and cooked chicken.
- Simmer on medium low for 10 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Once heated completely through, serve with optional fried won ton strips.
You may be interested in these products used to make this Asian BBQ Chicken Chili recipe:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bush’s Beans. Thank you for supporting the brands who help make Dine & Dish possible!