Bored with plain old chicken? Give these simple Pecan and Pretzel Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders featuring Fisher® Nuts a try to switch things up at your dinner table!
I love cooking and baking with nuts. As an ingredient, nuts offer me a level of creativity in recipe development that other ingredients don’t. Nuts are great with chicken, fish, salads, soups, baked goods, ice cream and more! My love for cooking and baking with nuts is why I am so excited to share with you that over the next year I’ll be partnering with Fisher® Nuts to create unique and delicious family friendly recipes to share with you.
This Pecan and Pretzel Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders recipe with a spicy sauce is just one example of how nuts can change up your dinner time game. 6 ingredients and 30 minutes is all you need to transform chicken from boring to fantastic! Switch out the optional spicy sauce for a simple ranch dip for the kids, but let the grown ups handle the heat with the spicy dip. They’ll thank you for it!
You will find the recipe below, but first, if you love cooking or baking with Fisher® preservative free pecans, walnuts and almonds, you MUST check out this great opportunity to win and all inclusive trip to NYC plus $500!
-Beginning now through October 20, 2015, home chefs from across the country are invited to submit their original recipe using Fisher pecans, walnuts or almonds to www.myfreshtwist.com for a chance to win a trip for two to New York City, $500 spending money and a meet-and-greet with Food Network Chef Alex Guarnaschelli at her restaurant, Butter.
-The top twenty entries will be professionally photographed and showcased on www.myfreshtwist.com where Fisher fans and their friends and families will be able to vote for the top three recipes from November 3, 2015 until November 17, 2015. Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and a panel of judges will then select the grand prize winner from the three finalists. Recipes will be judged on their originality, integration of nuts, taste and visual appeal.
-One grand prize winner will receive a trip for two to New York City, a meet-and-greet with Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and $500. As with last year’s winning recipe, this year’s winning recipe will also be featured on the Fisher nuts website, social media pages and in local and national news publications. The grand prize winner will be announced the first week of December.
-Nineteen finalists will receive a $100 Visa gift card, an autographed Chef Alex cookbook and a Fisher nuts sample pack.
-Forty random weekly winners will also win a Chef Alex cookbook and a Fisher nuts sample pack.
-For more information, rules and regulations, visit www.myfreshtwist.com.
Now, on to the recipe!
- 4.7 ounce bottle Nado's Peri-Peri sauce (or other hot sauce)
- 1½ pounds chicken tenders
- 1 cup pretzel twists
- 1 cup Fisher® Chef’s Naturals Pecan Halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place chicken tenders in a baking dish and top with hot sauce, reserving 1 tablespoon of hot sauce.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place pretzel twists and Fisher® Chef's Naturals Pecan Halves in the canister of a food processor. Process until coarse. Pour pecan mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour, egg, then pecan mixture until chicken is fully coated and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once at 10 minutes.
- Mix remaining tablespoon of hot sauce with ranch dressing.
- Serve chicken tenders with a side of spicy dressing sauce for dipping.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.