Breakfast gets an upgrade with this Egg and California Avocado Flatbread Recipe.
Breakfast…I’m pretty sure it’s one of those meals where either you love it, or you hate it. I love breakfast…I just don’t love it at breakfast time! I’m more of a “give me breakfast for dinner” kind of girl.
I’m trying to change my ways though. I understand for my overall health and well being starting my day off with a good breakfast is essential. Honestly, I just hate wasting calories on food in the morning when I’m not so hungry (like I am at 4pm EVERY single day… I want to save ALL the calories for 4pm!).When I am in a breakfast mood (aka weekends), I love fixing up something kind of decadent… with all the things I love – carbs, California Avocados, eggs, etc. Flatbreads are kind of my new favorite thing. I had no idea until recently how simple it is to load yummy toppings onto a flatbread and have a meal in front of you in minutes. Take this egg and California Avocado flatbread recipe here… it’s a hearty, amazing breakfast put together in just a matter of a few minutes. If you love avocado toast, you’ll fall head over heels in love with this flatbread recipe! It’s pretty much an upgraded version of avocado toast!
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place flatbread on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until slightly toasted.
- In the meantime, coarsely mash the California avocado and red pepper flakes.
- Once the flatbread has baked, spread mashed avocado over it almost to the edges. Top with sliced tomatoes and fried eggs.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, if desired. Serve warm.
Need more awesome breakfast recipes? Check out these recipes from around the web:
- Avocado Breakfast Sandwich from Noble Pig
- Healthy Breakfast Burrito from Cookin’ Canuck
- California Avocado Breakfast Casserole from Dine & Dish
- California Avocado Toast 3 Ways from California Avocados
Disclaimer: I’m honored to have a continued long term relationship with California Avocados. All opinions expressed are my own.