Whiskey Honey Toasted Walnuts is a versatile and tasty snack recipe featuring the goodness of Diamond Brand Walnuts.
Are you a big snacker? I honestly have never been a big eat in between meals kind of person. I fuel my in between meal time with coffee, for sure, but have never been one to really snack a lot on other things.
I’m starting to think that’s because maybe I haven’t been snacking on the right foods. I made this amazing recipe for Whiskey Honey Toasted Walnuts originally as a salad topper and as something to add texture and flavor to my morning yogurt. What I didn’t expect to happen was to create a new snack food that I just can’t stop eating! I should probably be embarrassed by the sheer number of walnuts I’ve eaten as a snack since creating this recipe. I just can’t seem to get enough of them!
I guess what I can say about this walnut recipe is that it can turn even a non-snacker into a snacker! It’s also a really easy recipe to make, so you can replenish your snack jar quite easily when you run out. This may or may not be a problem… since they are so easy to make, I’ve had a bit of a problem controlling myself 🙂
I hope you’ll give this recipe a try… top these toasted Diamond walnuts onto your salad, stir them into some vanilla yogurt at breakfast, or just pop some in your mouth at snack time. I think you’ll enjoy them as much as I continue to.
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Irish whiskey
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1½ cups Diamond Brand Walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a medium saucepan, stir together honey, granulated sugar, Irish whiskey and salt. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a slow boil.
- Add walnut halves. Stir to coat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring, until syrup begins to bubble up and turn a light brown in color.
- Remove from heat and drain liquid through a strainer.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place coated walnuts onto parchment paper in a single layer, separating as much as possible.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes (watch closely so they don't burn).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, separate walnuts from each other and use to top salad, stir into yogurt or as a tasty snack.