The Happiness Report #25

Happiness Report Number 25Happy Sunday, everyone!

I’ve been feeling like such a bad blogger because I absolutely know that now is the time I should be doling out gift guide posts and SEO rich cookie and treat recipes, and Christmas crafting ideas but I’m just not feeling it. Honestly, when you are trying to lose weight, creating unnecessary treats just for a pinteresting blog is kind of counter productive. Even though I know you all would love to see some of that stuff, I hope you don’t mind if it comes at a slower pace than the other on the ball blogs. Just know, I’m not on the ball right now, but you know what I definitely am? HAPPY! I’ve had such a feeling of overwhelming happiness lately… and maybe that’s because I’ve stepped back and disconnected a little more. I don’t know, but I like it!

So, with that, I thought it was the perfect time to share my 25th Happiness Report with you! Below are some of the things that have been making me happy lately.

happy book and scrapbooking

Over the past few weeks, I’ve developed a new morning tradition. Nudged on by my oh so brilliant friend Naomi, I’ve started getting up an hour earlier (around 5:20am) and enjoying what my Instagram friend deemed “Happy Hour”.  As I was going through the Live More Weigh Less Mastery course, I remembered how I used to find such joy in spending many hours clipping things out of magazines and pasting things into books, writing down quotes, sharing gratitude, etc. So, as part of my morning routine, I’ve created a bubble of time where I read the newspaper, write cards to friends, journal, write down my daily gratitude, capture inspiring thoughts, tape in recipes I want to try and enjoy my coffee. It has become the time of day I look forward to the most. My So Many Stars tote bag has become my “Happy Bag” and I keep stamps, cards, scissors, washi tape, and several favorite books in there. It’s completely offline time, so I think of my happiness book kind of as my offline version of Pinterest. Do you have any time carved out just for you to meditate or reflect or be creative? I can tell you getting up an hour early for my time has been so worth it!

If you are a blogger looking for some balance and organization in your life, this is definitely one Kickstarter you want to check out!

I bought new pajamas a couple weeks ago that are both comfortable and just a tad bit sexy (depending on what buttons you leave undone.) Who knew that simply buying new PJ’s could make me happy?

I think this gift for the book lovers in your life is so cute! I think I could even be this crafty.

Amy makes me really want to take up knitting. Does’t she have the cutest knitting projects on her blog?

fifty-two HAPPINESS street

You guys… that logo above is mine for a really special product I’m working on. I cannot wait to be able to offer it to you! But for now, I wanted to share a super secret sneak peek! I’m so excited!

This time of year when all the “best books of” lists come around I get geeky excited. The way this list was created is pretty cool… I added a ton of these books to my Goodreads!

I totally need this sign in my life!

There are so many things about this time of year that make me happy, but I’d better stop there! Now it’s…

Happy

Comments

Never apologize for not being on the ball around the holidays…I can relate to you even more that you’re not! Lol. I’m so happy you are happy, I love your happy hour, and I love those Pom Pom bookmarks!
    Happiest of holidays my friend! xo

Can’t wait to find out more about this special project! Glad to hear that you’re so happy. You deserve it!
    What makes me happy? My dogs. Because they expect nothing, except a treat every now and then, and a little game of ball that makes them excited and me laugh.

My happiness hour was often called happiness islands where I took time off in the day and just went for a walk, baked, took a few images (other than food) etc. Somehow I lost the way this year and got caught up in a lot of static and stress. This is bringing me back on track … thank you!

I’m so happy for this post and I’m so happy for my friends. They keep me grounded and they keep me solid. I don’t know what I would do without you and my other dear friends. I can’t wait to hear more about your new project. I’m so proud of you, Kristen!!

I love this, Kristen. I have been feeling the same way lately… With the baby and trying to stay healthy, I just don’t feel the inspiration for all of the holiday blog posts. I’m glad I’m not the only one who decided to pull back on everything.

I can’t wait to hear more about your project… You are such an inspiration to me!

So beautiful, Kristen! I love your new morning ritual! I’ve been wanting to exchange my late nights for an early morning routine, myself. I’m feeling inspired now! Thank you! What’s making me happy lately? Well, it took a few months for the kids and I to adjust, but I am loving our new simple life in the Southern California mountains. Now that we’ve traded in our crazy runaround schedule and are homeschooling… our mornings are so much less chaotic. We are able to focus on family time throughout the day, explore the outdoors, and are experiencing seasons for the very first time! It’s lovely! I am feeling very thankful and blessed for our downsized, quieter life…. xo

Well this makes me happy for starters. I always enjoy the time people take to share good things! As for myself, many things make me happy on a regular basis, so you’ve inspired me to spend time this morning (I LOVE Monday!) writing something similar. The feel good effect from the time spent should add a glow to the entire week, I think. And best to you on your new venture! Looking forward to the reveal ;)

I love these posts! I do something similar with my “Little Things” series — so fun to see what other people are doing to up their happiness. And I LOVE the happy hour idea… might have to adapt that myself!

You know what’s making me happy? That I haven’t opened my reader in 3 days….making me unhappy? I opened it today and had over 120 posts to look through. Making me happy? Reading yours. Whatever you’re working on is sure to be pure gold :D

I was thinking of creating for myself an offline hour, just to read a book, pet a cat, drink tea, read magazine. Time flies buy so quickly when you are online.
    I used to enjoy having a scrapbooks. You are not bad blogger for not baking SEO treats, you are actually a good blogger, who cares about her piece of mind.
    Have a great weekend.

I’m late to this post, but love it still the same. That early hour of unplugged “me time” is so precious. I manage little spits of that a few times a week, never for a whole hour, though. I love this idea. And that logo…I’m definitely intrigued to see what’s in store.