This Lemon Basil Bruschetta was the perfect idea to take to my friend, Liz’s, Virtual Baby Shower! I’m sure you know Liz from The Lemon Bowl, right? She’s having another baby boy very soon and a few of her friends and I decided to throw her a virtual baby shower to celebrate!
I’m all for baby showers and people having babies and all, but I really must confess that I’m a little annoyed with Liz for having another boy… she’s kind of got the market on cuteness with her first son, Asher. I’m not sure what she’s trying to pull bringing more cute into the world. Sounds like some kind of crazy blog stunt to me! (That’s Asher, hanging out with me in Michigan this summer… little did I know at that point that he’s kind of a ladies man and I’m pretty sure has long forgotten about me by now. I still love him though!)
For the Lemon Basil Bruschetta recipe, head down to the bottom of the post, but before that, please take a moment to click around and check out all the friends who brought some tasty treats to Liz’s Surprise Baby Shower! And make sure you stop by The Lemon Bowl and give Liz a big congratulations. I know she would love to hear from you!
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table
- 1 Bakery Fresh French Loaf, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch purple or green basil, torn into small pieces
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup pure honey
- Brush each slice of bread with olive oil and then rub with smashed garlic cloves.
- Place under the preheated broiler in your oven for 3 minutes, or until toasted.
- Toss goat cheese and basil in a small bowl. Top each piece of toasted bread with cheese/basil mixture.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze fresh lemon juice moderately over each piece of bruschetta.
- Drizzle each slice with honey. Serve.