Recipe: Simple Cool Whip Chocolate Cookies

This Chocolate Cookies recipe with 4 simple ingredients will cure your chocolate craving in nothing flat!
Super Simple Chocolate Cool Whip Cookies 3 Ingredients www.dineanddish.net

Friends, I have to apologize. My brain just isn’t really in cooking mode this summer. No cooking mode = no blogging mode = I’m really slacking on just about everything around this space lately!

Plus I’m on Weight Watchers and cooking = temptation = eating more than I should. It’s hard to be a food blogger and be on Weight Watchers at the same time! I’m better off just not cooking. And not leaving my house, ever, for that matter. I get too tempted in uncontrolled settings. So that’s it… I’m just going to become a non-blogging, non-cooking hermit so I can stay within my Points range each day, ok?

Super Simple Cool Whip Cookies 3 ingredient www.dineanddish.net

I did finish my 6 mile half marathon training run yesterday, so I had 6 extra Activity Points by 9am. And heaven help me if I was going to let those hard earned Points go to waste! Naturally, the best solution was to make cookies. I was too tired from my run to do anything that required much effort so I made Cool Whip Cookies. I had an extra tub of Cool Whip in my fridge from my Wendy’s Copycat Frosty making day and always have a box or two of cake mix on hand. It was the perfect solution!

I’ve seen this recipe for Cool Whip Cookies around the web for so many years now… I’m not sure where the origination was, but I should probably bow down and thank whomever it was because these are the tastiest cookies, ever. Especially for the ease.  It’s so versatile too! From plain vanilla Cool Whip cookies, like Cookies & Cups made to the Lemon Burst cookies from TidyMom, it’s pretty neat to see what deliciousness 3 ingredients can turn into when combined. Well, and Yummy Healthy Easy says her Strawberry version is practically guilt-free… I’m going to go ahead and say her word is gospel, because I may have had more than one ;)

Cool-Whip-Cake-Mix-Cookies

I’m going to give you the recipe, grab another one of these chocolate cookies, and head back outside and enjoy summer! I hope you are doing the same!

Super Simple Cool Whip Cookies

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Cookies don't get much simpler than this. 4 simple ingredients, one delicious cookie!
Serves: 2 dozen
Ingredients
  • 1 Box Cake Mix, any flavor (I used Devlis Food)
  • 1 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
  • 1 egg
  • ¼ cup Confectioners Sugar
Instructions
  1. Combine cake mix, Cool Whip and egg in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Batter will be sticky and thick.
  2. Place Confectioners sugar in a small bowl. Drop cookie batter into the sugar by the spoonful. Roll the dough around in the confectioners sugar, forming a ball.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then move to a cooling rack.

Comments

I’m right there with you in lacking motivation for cooking/baking this summer. I just want to hang out with my kids and do Summer Bucket List stuff. Actually, baking cookies is one of the bucket list items, and I believe these cookies couldn’t get any easier and kid proof! Keep up the good work with WW, you are doing awesome!! :)

• says

My son pretty much made these… the sticky dough was a bit tricky for him, but they are so simple!
      Thanks for the encouragement, friend!
      Happy summer!

• says

They are so good! I’ve been meaning to try these for years, but kept forgetting about them. They may be my go to cookie from now on though… so good!

I haven’t tried the Cool Whip cake mix cookies yet, but now that I am staring them down on my computer, I think it’s about time! Of course I just started a new diet/work out program and I’m not supposed to have any sugar…but I think I really need these!!!

These look so good!!

It always feels so hit or miss in the summer with cooking. We eat a lot of sandwiches, pita pizzas and salad!

I have NEVER heard of these but YIKES I’m so tempted to make them now!

I’m not doing WW, but I am still working on losing weight post-baby and I’ve had to start only blogging things that are healthier or send a huge batch of goodness to work with my hubby. Cheering you on girl!

• says

Thanks, Brian! I’m actually enjoying the training too, which is the crazy part. Who am I?
      Luckily I had lots of eating helpers with these cookies, or I would have devoured every last one!

• says

Exactly – I think there are so many different ways you could do them. I’m going to try fat free cool whip next to see if it works!

I did WW for a while and it was definitely tough to blog during it…let’s just say I ate a lot of soups…and tried to earn a TON of activity points! You can do this!

These cookies are almost TOO easy to throw together!

1. […] Cool Whip Cookies: I found a recipe floating around Facebook and then I did a little google search. Basically, you take any flavor cake mix you want, add an eight ounce container of thawed Cool Whip, and an egg. You mix it and get a nice cookie dough. You drop balls of dough into powdered sugar and throw them in a pre-heated 350 F degree oven. Then you let them cool and eat up. I made two versions- one using devil’s food cake mix (they taste like Archway Dutch Chocolate Cookies) and the other using white cake mix with lemon and lime zest (they remind me of those evil Lofthouse cookies that I love). I also chose not to throw the dough into powdered sugar. I just sprinkled a little on top before I baked. The results are delicious and since I used fat free Cool Whip, we are talking really light cookies. […]

2. […] board on Pinterest. I’m not sure where the original recipe came from, but I got it from Dine and Dish. I think everyone calls them Cool Whip Cookies, but they were just so soft and cake-like on the […]