I always feel a bit self conscious drinking Strawberry Daiquiris. Do you? I don’t really know why I feel that way, but I do.
Perhaps it’s because my very first ever alcoholic drink was a Strawberry Daiquiri. I’ve always felt like it was the “safe” “foo-foo” drink… and at my old age I thought if people saw me drinking a daiquiri they would just assume I wasn’t mature enough to handle a real cocktail. I mean, real women drink things like gin and tonic and Manhattan’s… not foo foo Strawberry Daiquiris, right?
Finally I began to realize…I really doubt anyone out there is talking about my choice in cocktails. Who cares if we’re out in a fancy nightclub and I order a foo foo Strawberry Daiquiris instead of a womanly G&T? Well, I would actually care because I never go to fancy nightclubs so I’d kind of wonder how I got there in the first place…but anyhow…
Back to my point at hand, this Lemongrass Strawberry Daiquiri Cocktail is flirty, fun and fabulous. It’s mature and delicious and pretty… basically all those good things wrapped into one gorgeous drink. No one, in their right mind, could judge you for drinking this “foo foo” drink. No one. Sit back, blend one up and enjoy!
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- ½ cup Lemon Grass Simple Syrup
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup dark rum
- Bring the water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once boiling, remove from heat and add 3 Tablespoons of Gourmet Garden Lemon Grass Whisk in the lemon grass until well blended. Let cool.
- Place fresh strawberries, ½ cup cooled Lemon Grass Simple Syrup, ice and rum in the jar of your blender. Blend on high until all the ingredients are combined and cocktail is smooth. Poor immediately into glasses and serve.
- Note: If you have a robust blender like a Blendtec the ice crush / milkshake setting works well for smooth results. For other blenders, you may have to pour the daiquiri through a sieve to remove seeds if you want it to be completely smooth.