Have you ever enjoyed a B.A.T. sandwich?? B.A.T. is what I prefer over a B.L.T. Skip the lettuce and replace it with a tasty avocado. Talk about flavor! Yum!
I decided to take that favorite sandwich of mine and turn it into a pasta salad. Cinco de Mayo is coming up and you know you’ll be asked to bring something to go alongside the nachos and margaritas. Although this isn’t really Mexican, it has such fresh flavors and with avocado and bacon as ingredients, I don’t think anyone will complain one bit!
You may remember last summer when I partnered with The California Avocado Commission to bring you some avocado recipes…the Salmon Sliders with Avocado Sauce and the Avocado Smoothies/Milkshakes were certainly popular! It appears that you love avocados just as much as I do! I’m excited to tell you that I am partnering with The California Avocado Commission again this year. Myself, along with Dara from Cookin’ Canuck, Shawn of I Wash…You Dry and Rachel of Southern Fairytale, will each be bringing you a fabulous California avocado recipe a month for the next six months. It’s going to be fun!
I shared this Creamy Avocado Ranch Salad Dressing recipe with you way back in 2009. (Raise your hand if you were reading Dine & Dish in 2009. Thank you for still being here!) This dressing makes more than you’ll need for the pasta salad, which is a good thing… you’ll want to eat it every day, on everything!
- 1 pound rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 diced California Avocado, peeled and pit removed
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- 1 California Avocado, peeled and pit removed
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cracked, black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch dried dill weed
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 garlic clove
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, avocados and bacon.
- Mash avocado in a bowl, then stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, and vinegar. Add parsley, dill, pepper, onion powder, and garlic. Stir until well blended, chill until ready to serve.
- Pour ¼ - ½ cup of dressing over pasta salad. Toss. Chill until ready to serve.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a part of the 2013 California Avocados Blogger Ambassador Team. All opinions are my own. If you’d like more avocado news, be sure to follow the California Avocado Commission onTwitter, Facebook and Instagram.