I Caved {Recipe: Biscoff Glaze for Homemade Baked Doughnuts}

Homemade Cake Doughnuts with Biscoff Glaze www.dineanddish.net

I remember a time in my life when I didn’t care for doughnuts. I was in college, and apparently I had the ability to turn off some little switch that kept me from liking things that were not so great for you. You know that switch? The one that seems to take over when you go out on a date with a new guy and even though they have scallops and steak and cheesecake and chocolate cake on the menu, you’ll just have “salad and water”. That crazy switch.

Well the switch is back on and has been for quite some time. What is it about doughnuts and their appeal? Even if someone just mentions the word doughnuts, I’m done for. I can’t get doughnuts off my mind until I head to the local doughnut shop or Krispy Kreme and cure my craving.

Homemade-Doughnut-Down

So, the other day when Shugary Sweets had the prettiest vanilla bean doughnuts on her blog, I caved and instead of heading to Krispy Kreme, I headed to Amazon and ordered this doughnut pan.

Yesterday morning, my doughnut pan and I spent some time together in the kitchen getting acquainted. I’ve made doughnuts at home before and loved them, but they were the yeasty, fried, kind. (This yeast doughnut recipe is awesome, by the way). I have never made baked doughnuts though, until now.

I used the recipe for Baked Donuts Karly from Buns in My Oven had on her blog. Although baked doughnuts won’t keep me from heading to Krispy Kreme every now and then, they’ll give me a great alternative when I don’t feel like leaving the house to curb my cravings. And, did I mention they are quick? So quick… and easy to make. Go get yourself a doughnut pan, stat!

Biscoff Glaze for Homemade Baked Doughnuts

For some variety, I did part of the doughnuts in the buttery cinnamon sugar glaze from Karly’s recipe.  For the other half, I made this creamy, indulgent, glaze out of Biscoff Spread. So much for making these doughnuts better for you than at the doughnut shop, right?

Now, I just need to find that switch I had back in college. I think my thighs would thank me.

Biscoff Glaze for Homemade Baked Doughnuts

A glaze made from creamy Biscoff cookie spread, ideal to top your homemade baked doughnuts!
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Place ingredients in a small bowl. Mix together until smooth.
  2. For glazed doughnuts, simply dip the top of each doughnut in the glaze, shaking off the excess. Set on a piece of wax paper until set.

Check out these other baked doughnut recipes:

Comments

I LOVE that you baked donuts at home!! We love our donut pan and I need to break it out again1! PS: Would you judge me if I said I’ve never had biscoff and don’t even quite know what it is? I feel like such a loser – it’s apparently all the rage!!

• says

Trust me – if you want to stay your skinny self, you won’t discover Biscoff, ever. Cookies on the Delta flights are Biscoff. The spread is just that turned into cookie butter. It’s evil!

Baked donuts are always a great idea. I’m so glad I’m over that phase of passing up things that are “bad” for me for the sake of looking dainty – because steak and scallops on a date and donuts are always the way to go. :) Thanks for the link back, K. XOXO!!

I got a donut pan for Christmas. I have two mini ones and now a regular sized one now and I have yet to make donuts. I forever banned myself from frying donuts ( or anything that needs to be deep fried for that matter) but I really need to make baked ones especially since my kiddos keep begging me to make them. And biscoff glaze?? yum

Seriously? Um, wow. I am going to be dreaming of these until I get one. And I am pretty sure I never had that little switch that told me to stop. Dang it. It all makes sense now.

5. Ashley says

So, I must have read the blog post incorrectly…I couldn’t tell exactly which recipe you used for the cake doughnuts. The kind of doughnuts from Krispy Kreme make me sick because they’re too sweet. However, cake doughnuts are the love of my life :)

I’d love to know which recipe exactly you used for the doughnuts.

Thanks!! These look AWESOME!

Girl, I am OBSESSED with my donut pan and coming up with new donuts and new glazes. You just totally outdid me on your first try with this glaze! I love it!

Thanks for linking me up. Appreciate it! :)

We love doughnuts in our house, in fact my husband and son have a tradition of having a father/son doughnut breakfast every now and then. They love it. My grandpa owned a bakery and made an awesome cake doughnut,, but do you know I never make them at home? This recipe sounds fabulous enough to make me want to whip some up though…I just have to run to the store for a doughnut pan first. :)