First of all, it bothers the absolute heck out of me that I can’t take a straight picture to save my life. I swear my house must be crooked. Anyway…
This week I’m sharing our menu plan for this coming week as well as the recipe for Bush’s Black Bean Tortilla Chili that was a hit from last week’s menu. Here is what we have planned for this coming week:
- Sunday: Shrimp Linguini
- Monday: Beefy Mushroom Tostadas (recipe coming soon!)
- Tuesday: Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- Wednesday: Fish & Chips (Nick’s birthday request)
- Thursday: Slow Cooker Italian Sloppy Joes
- Friday: Cheesy Chicken Pizza (recipe coming soon!)
- Saturday: Sauteed Flounder with Fresh Herbs
This cold weather makes me long for steaming bowls of comfort food… soups, chowders, and chili always fit the bill when I want to warm my family up on the inside. Bush’s Black Bean Tortilla Chili recipe offered a quick and filling meal for a busy weeknight.
I adapted the recipe slightly based on what I had on hand. I used Gourmet Garden herbs in place of the dried herbs. I also used frozen corn (and added 1/4 cup water) as well as a 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes instead of tomato sauce. I love that this Bush’s Beans recipe was easy to adapt and nutritious. This comforting chili recipe will be making an appearance again on my menu, for sure!
I’m proud to be a brand ambassador for Bush’s Beans. All opinions expressed are my own.