Friends, we need to talk about eggnog. Specifically, where you are on the love / hate scale with it?
Eggnog is one of those things where each year around this time, I get incredibly tempted by the freshly stocked shelves of eggnog. Things go down exactly like this…
- I purchase a 1/2 gallon of eggnog
- As soon as I get it home, I have one small glass
- As soon as I finish drinking that one glass, I remember I really don’t love eggnog
- I spend the next week using my eggnog in recipes, because I do really like the flavor of eggnog, just not actual eggnog itself.
So, given the scenario above, you can hopefully understand why over the next couple of weeks you might see a few more recipes using eggnog as an ingredient than usual. I fell prey to the temptation and now need to do my penance, by creating some tempting recipes to use my annual eggnog up.
This Pumpkin Eggnog Bread with Creamy Eggnog Glaze is so flavorful and moist…tasty on its own, but the star of this little shindig is the glaze. Oh wow. It’s creamy and sweet and has just enough eggnog flavor to give it that special boost for the season. Tempted? You should be. Once you give this a taste you may run out and buy a jug of eggnog simply so you can have an excuse to use it up with this recipe!
Before I share the eggnog pumpkin bread recipe with you, I have to give a shout out to my friend Ali from Gimme Some Oven for giving me this sweet and thoughtful coffee mug. She found the idea on Pinterest (take a Sharpie marker, decorate your mug, and bake at 350° for 30 minutes, and voila… you have an adorable, personalized mug!) Thank you, Ali… it’s my new favorite for my #ShotOfCoffee.
Ok… now on to the recipe!
Recipes featuring eggnog from blogs I love:
- Spiced Eggnog Cupcakes from Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy
- Eggnog Cream Pie from Lauren’s Latest
- Whimsical Eggnog Cake from Bakingdom
- Eggnog Oatmeal Custards from Krista and Jess