When I say “Game Day” you all know what I mean, right? It’s football time!!
Game day extends past one day at our house to pretty much any day football is on. Some days friends or family join us in front of the TV (us meaning my husband and son) other days its just us. Either way, the best part about game day for me is the food!
You know who makes game day food pretty great? Alexia foods. Remember them? I worked with Alexia last year on a recipe challenge to create a new fry flavor. I’m excited to share that I’m working with them again and will be using some of their products over the next several months to make meal time and game time easier!
(In addition to their popular varieties of fries, Alexia also has a great lineup of appetizers and artisan breads. Make sure to check out all their products on their webpage!)
Things are always a little nutty around our house and because of that, I am a huge fan of products that can make my life a little easier. For our most recent game day watching, I used Alexia Sweet Potato bites to re-invent sweet potato casserole, in a bite sized form. Super simple to make and a delicious appetizer to pass around during the game, Sweet Potato Casserole Bites are a fun bite sized app sure to be a hit with game day fans.
Here’s a little video and the recipe is below, so I hope you’ll check it out. Before that though, I have a great giveaway going on from Alexia that I think you’ll love. My friends at Alexia Foods have offered to give a fantastic Tastemaker Kit to one lucky Dine & Dish Reader. Included in the kit is:
- 1 wooden tray with 3 white bowls for your favorite fry dips
- 1 black Alexia apron
- 1 Alexia egg timer
- 1 set of Alexia wine charms
- Coupons for some of my favorite Alexia products!
To enter the giveaway, follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter Widget below! I want to know your ideas for entertaining with Alexia products!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- ½ package Alexia Sweet Potato Puffs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup mini marshmallows (equal to number of sweet potato bites)
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Bake Alexia Sweet Potato Bites according to package directions.
- While baking, heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Add butter and melt.
- Stir in chopped onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, cooking until onions are iridescent, soft and caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Thread a toothpick with one mini marshmallow, one chunk of caramelized onions and one Alexia Sweet Potato Bite. Arrange on a serving try. Sprinkle with Kosher Salt, to taste, and serve warm.
I’m happy to be a part of the blogger Tastemaker group with Alexia foods. I have been compensated for my participation and Alexia is providing the giveaway items. All opinions expressed are my own.