Sidelined to Share An Exciting Announcement #RFR5K

2 weeks ago I shared a post introducing you to The Red Faced Runners. So many of you have joined in the #RFR5K challenge, sharing your red faces with us and motivating us along the way. Well, I am excited to share that because of the overwhelming response from others, we decided The Red Faced Runners needs a website of its very own! Over the past two weeks we’ve been working our tails off to bring you the new Red Faced Runners Blog!

I hope you’ll come on over and check things out. Follow along as we share our adventures in running and getting healthy. Complete the official #RFR5K signup form to let the world know you’ve taken the next step to run, walk, shimmy your way to a new and healthy you! Learn all about the 11 bloggers behind The Red Faced Runners….is there someones story that resonates with you? Join in as we have fun, train, sweat and get red faced together! (PS – you don’t have to be a blogger to be a Red Faced Runner!)

As excited as I am to share the news of our new adventure together, I’m bummed to share that I am going to be sidelined for awhile with a stress fracture in my foot. I can’t explain how frustrating it is to be so motivated to run, have the energy and the drive, and then to suddenly be stuck… sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else. Hopefully I’ll be able to get back to being Red Faced soon enough. In the meantime, please get out there and run for me! I’ll be cheering you right along!

Come get Red Faced with us!

Comments

Oh no Kristen!! So sorry to hear about your stress fracture, and I hope you have a speedy healing. How long before you can run again?

Hubby and I just completed week 7 day 3 of couch to 5K last night, and even managed to get in 2 runs while on vacation last week. Yay!!

2. Stefanie says

Oh no!!! I will be keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Thanks for being one of my virtual cheerleaders. First time in my life I have started running and I kinda like it. :)

Just signed up. And I hope you get better very soon! I had a stress fracture a few years ago so I know how you feel. Thinking of you!

Hey girl…so exciting about the new site!!

So sorry to hear about the fracture though. About a year and a half ago, I was doing the 30 Day Shred workout and was doing SO well, then I sprained my ankle…badly. It was swollen and bruised and I could barely stand. I felt so so so bummed because I had finally gotten to a point where I could do the work out comfortably. I feel your pain.

Get better soon, chickie!! xoxo

I may not be able to be a Red Faced Runner but I plan on joining in to be a Red Faced Whatever I Can Do to Get Healthy. Next year I will join in on the running part. I hope you heal quickly. You are such an inspiration.

I am sorry friend! If you hang out at the pool, pool running is a great way to keep your injury from getting worse and it will keep you in running shape! Injuries stink but you will get back, just dont rush it, you are doing the right thing but sitting out instead of making it worse!

So sorry about your fracture, Kristen! Hope it heals very quickly and you’re right back out there where you want to be – running. I’m watching, reading, and supporting you runners. I’m a red-faced really-fast-walker who aspires to one day be a runner. I have a long way to go before I get there, but I’m hoping to join you all one day!

I hope you will get well soon Kristen. I know that you can be able to recover soon since you have a family that who always there to support on you. However, I love your passion.

I did not really know where to post this as it is really is not an injury per se. During and after a run, my face gets extremely red. It has done this since I started back running a few years ago. I don’t remember it happening when I was younger. I am not particularly speedy but I like to compete in my age group in local 5K and 10K. I just was given a few photos of myself in a race by a friend and my face is beet red! One time while running an easy run around my neighborhoo my neighbor slowed the car and motioned for me to come up to the window. She then said “are you alright?” I explained that yes, my face just gets red when I run.