Do you all have big plans for the holiday weekend? If you are anything like us, you are taking advantage of the time off to spend as much time with family and friends as you can. Often times, this is a season for outdoor barbecues and cookouts, where friends gather together and everyone has the opportunity to show off some of their favorite appetizer, side dish and salad recipes.
As much as I love to cook, there are times when I don’t want my free time interrupted by having to cook. I mean really… I have things to do, books to read, places to go! I don’t want to spend my whole summer cooking. It’s on these occasions I turn to convenience foods to make life a little simpler.
A can of Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast can help in big ways when I’m trying to save time, which is exactly what I want to do this summer!
These little Cheesy Shredded Chicken Bites are quick, easy and delicious. Plus, they are finger food so at parties people can just walk by, snatch one up and pop it in their mouth. That’s how an appetizer should be, right?
Serve hot or cold, this recipe is your answer to savoring summer outside with as little time in the kitchen as possible. Enjoy!
While you are celebrating this weekend, remember to take some time to honor our Veterans… although this extended weekend is nice to have, we owe it all to those who have sacrificed everything for us!
- 1 12.5oz can Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon creole seasoning
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 pinch Kosher salt
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Oval butter crackers
- Place Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast into a medium, microwave safe bowl. Shred (I use a pastry blender to shred but you can also just use a fork).
- Add cream cheese, creole seasoning, chili powder, Italian seasoning and Kosher salt to the chicken. Stir together until blended.
- Place in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (until heated through), stopping half way through to stir.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and add shredded cheddar cheese. Stir together until well blended.
- Place 1 tablespoon cheesy chicken mixture onto a cracker. Top with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Serve warm or cold. If serving cold, place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Swanson. All opinions expressed are my own.